Houses As Feelings

Well this is the last part wattpad will allow me to do on this book. Let me know if I should make Book number 2!

Gryffindor. the bravery you have to have to get out of bed every morning, the determination to get through your darkest times. the people you respect and look up to, and the respect you show to others, the subtle nod to passing strangers. wearing that piece of clothing that you were so scared to wear in public, talking to that one person, going to that one event. there is courage in the smallest things, and each day you're slowly filling your cup. soon, you'll be brimming to the rim.

Ravenclaw. the feeling you get when you know the answer, when you finally figure out the simple problem. making little doodles on your paper, painting random strokes aimlessly. knowing all the words to a random song, because it keeps you calm, it makes you happy. you don't need to be perfect, you can make it, you can make it, you can make it.

Hufflepuff. the feeling you get when you complete your homework, when you complete a simple task. the restful feeling at night when you know you've made it through another day, another another week, another month. giving a small smile to strangers, the smallest thing that gives you hope, that makes you happy. trying your best, making it work one day at a time.

Slytherin. that random boost of inspiration, followed by days of laying in bed. not knowing where you're going, or where you want to be. it's looking in the mirror and telling yourself you can do it, that you're worth it, after binge watching a show for 5 days. going to all your classes for once, doing all your homework, and realizing that you did it all wrong. no matter where you are now, you can do it. no matter how far away from the goal, from the treasure, from the sky, you can do it.