"Hello" she greets answering her phone and grabbing her hat from the side.

"Hey, kiddo" Bobby greets.

"Hey, Bobby, what's up?" she asks slipping into her shoes.

"There's this case..." he answers, she closes her eyes before she opens them again and she looks down at her costume, she's not going to get to the party, she just knows she's not. "I need your help on this" she kicks off her shoes and throws her hat onto the counter before she moves to the coffee table where her laptop is, she sits and opens the laptop lid.

"Email me the information" she tells him sadly.

"I'm not keeping you from anything, am I?" Bobby asks. "Cause I'm sure I can get this with some time"

"And how many more people will die in that...extra time?" she asks. "Just email me the stuff" she hangs up and sets her phone aside.

.........

Roswell is part way into studying the crime scene photos of one of the scenes looking for clues about what this monster could be when Steve and Bucky walk into the apartment and look to Roswell.

"Hey, you're not ready" Bucky scolds, Roswell looks up from her laptop to give them both an apologetic smile but is stopped by their costumes, Steve is dressed like the Dark Knight himself, Batman, and that suit and all the black and even the God damn bat ears of his mask, it's....she wants to jump him, she actually wants to jump him, right there, she doesn't care that Bucky is stood there. And Bucky's costume of that of Robin, come on it had to be. She smirks.

"What? Not satisfied we weren't doing the matching costumes?" Roswell teases motioning to the pair of them, Bucky shoots her a look as she chuckles.

"It's was his idea" Bucky complains pointing at Steve.

"That's why I'm Batman" Steve counters with a smirk. "I have all the good ideas"

"It's a stupid idea" Bucky grumbles adjusting his costume slightly, though he is liking the cape, he always wanted a cape, he might keep the cape, yeah, he's definitely keeping the cape. "Come on, hurry up" Bucky tells her. "We're already later" Bucky shoots Steve a look.

"Not my fault" Steve argues shooting Bucky a look, Bucky looks to Roswell who offers a soft, apologetic smile.

"Something came up" she tells them. "I have to work"

"Tonight?" Steve asks. "But...it's Halloween"

"I know" she answers. "It just came up..." she looks to her laptop. "I have to get it finished, I'm really sorry" Steve sighs a little and moves to her, she smiles sadly and closes her laptop hiding the crime scene photos from his view, he kisses her cheek.

"Feels weird" he admits. "Us going and you not. You're suppose to be my date" he teases slightly.

"I'll make it up to you" she promises.

"You better" he kisses her head and then starts to leave, Roswell looks to Bucky who shrugs a little.

"You both look great by the way" she comments opening her laptop with a smirk.

"We know" Steve teases back, he and Bucky leave, Roswell drops her smile as the door closes.

.........

Steve pushes open Roswell's apartment door and steps in pulling off his Batman mask, there is music playing, and the lights are on but Roswell herself is fast asleep on her couch, a book open and resting on her chest, her laptop closed on the table, and an empty beer bottle in her hand. Steve smiles softly watching her before taking the beer bottle from her and the book from her chest, she shifts slightly and groans curling up a little. He sets the two items aside and then lifts her up off the couch. She curls into his chest and wraps her arms around his neck. He adjusts her slightly before carrying her up to her bedroom, which is littered with more books and print outs, whatever she was working on had her spread out through her entire apartment.