Chapter 43

Jay’s P.O.V.

I’m just sat in the living room waiting for Jacky to get home. I’ve decided to sit her down and ask her to come to America with me when she gets back. I’m sure she’ll say yes I mean we have just moved in together. I’m then bought back to reality by the front door opening and Jacky walking into the living room. She looks frustrated. She slumps herself down on the sofa next to me and instead of asking her what the matter is I decide to try and cheer her up with my news.

“Hey Jacky, I need to ask you about something” I say, taking her hands and smiling at her. She sits up and faces me.

“Well I suppose it can’t be that bad” she says and then I continue.

“Well as you know we are releasing Lightning next week, well we are going to record the video in a few days. We will be jetting off to America for a week in like three days. We will be filming for a few days and then we’ll have days to sight see and relax so I was just wondering, in fact hoping that you might like to come with me?” I ask her and then she sighs. What?

“Jay, look, urm the thing is I can’t. I really want to, believe me but I have to kind of fly to Sydney for two weeks in two days. I don’t know where all this work is coming from. I suppose I have been moaning for it” I have to sit there thinking for a minute before I come up with a solution.

“Well I’ll postpone it then. I’ll tell the management I won’t go to America until you get back. They’ll be fine with it” I tell her. She sits there for a few minutes and then she turns to look at me.

“Would you really do that for me?” she asks me, a smile present on her face.

“Yeah of course. Jacky, I love you.” I tell her.

“Jay…I love you to…but you can’t do this for me. I mean it’s your job. It’s only two weeks we won’t see eachother for. I know two weeks will seem like forever but even if you postpone it you still won’t see me for two weeks so it wouldn’t make a difference. You don’t know that management will agree to this. You know they are making a lot of changes and since Jayne left they’ve been more strict with you. You know that. For all you know this could end up with them telling you that you have to leave the band and that will do neither of us any good. I am so grateful for your offer, it’s unbelievable, kind, amazing, gorgeous, just like you, but I’m afraid I can’t take you up on this offer. I’m so so sorry Jay” she says to me, tears filling her eyes. I just pull her into a hug and stroke her head. 

“Jacky, there’s nothing to be sorry about, I love you and relationships are about compromise so we’re going to have to be away from eachother for like two weeks. I understand where you’re coming from and I know that my offer was ridiculous yes. It’s all going to be fine. Trust me” I say and we continue to hug.

*The Next Day*

Katie’s P.O.V.

I’m being released from hospital today thank god! I am so happy to be finally getting out of this hell hole. Not only that but I’m jetting off to America tomorrow! How amazing is that?! My boyfriend who I actually love and think he loves me back wants to take me to America with him! Suddenly I’m bought back to reality by the doors opening and Ackshay, my doctor, walking in. 

“So are you feeling ok?” he asks me.

“Yeah I feel ok, brilliant actually” I tell the doctor with a wide smile on my face.

“That’s really good. So we just have a few last minute check ups to do before we can release you. We have contacted Max and he said he will come and pick you up in an hour which is when you should be out by.” He tells me which makes my smile grow even wider.

*1 hour later. Still Katie’s P.O.V.*

“Ok well everything seems fine. Here are the pills you will have to take to make sure you have no more collapses. Once you run out just go to your doctor and ask for a repeat prescription. Take one pill three times a day, they should last you for the next three months.” Ackshay says to me whilst I’m stood at the reception desk waiting for Max to arrive.

“Ok thanks” I say to Ackshay, taking the pills and putting them in my handbag. Max had dropped by earlier to drop off all of my stuff.

“So the last thing we need for you to do is just sign these forms” he says to me presenting what looked like a 20 page pack. “Don’t worry you don’t have to sign every page. Just here, here, here and here” Ackshay says to me showing me where I should sign. I sign the pages and as I do so I feel two hands wrap around my waist. Once I’ve finished signing the sheets, I turn my head to see Max there.

“Ok thankyou, you are officially discharged” Ackshay says to me with a smile as Max takes my hand and takes me out of the hospital doors.