Chapter 4

Nathan’s P.O.V.

I feel so stupid! When Tom said she was his sister, it all clicked! No wonder I have heard her name before, no wonder she wasn’t sharing a room with Tom, no wonder she’s just moved in. How did I not realise? When I realised, I felt so stupid. I didn’t want to stand there and embarrass myself any more so I stormed out. What more could I do? I still don’t like her though. Tom’s sister or not, I’m not apologising! And who the hell was the girl who slapped me? I don’t even know her and why did she get involved? Well, I’m not going to let that cow get on my nerves any more than she has done, I’m going out to a bar. Yes, I’m already pissed but I could do with another few drinks!

Tom’s P.O.V.

I can’t believe Nathan just did that! He’s such a twat! Why the fuck he thinks he can speak toAlicelike that I don’t know! She’s my baby sister and he knows it! I’ve told them about hr plenty of times so why on earth he’d think she was my girlfriend I don’t know! He’s so stupid! I swear down when he gets back here he’s in for it. He does not talk to any family member of mine like that. I don’t care if this splits up the band. I don’t care if Rhiannon thinks I’m mates with complete retards. I really like Rhiannon and I think this could be something special but obviously I need to get this problem sorted out. He’s just stormed out and you know what? I really couldn’t care less if he never came back. He’s also ruined the party! Talk about being an ungrateful twat!. I quickly look at Alice who has tears in her eyes. Rheanna, her best friend who I’ve known for years as they went to school together is stood there looking at Alice in shock and confusion. I don’t understand though. I’m the one who’s shocked. I’ve known Rheanna for years and I never thought I’d see her act like that! I guess you never really know some people. Everyone is staring atAlice.

“Al---” I begin walking towards her to give her a hug but she just runs up stairs and slams her bedroom door. I get one last glimpse of her before she goes upstairs and she’s crying her eyes out. That’s it! No one treats my little sister like that! I go up the stairs after her and go to her door. I try to open it but she’s locked it.

“Alice, open the door, it’s me Tom” I say leaning against the door me also with tears in my eyes now. I just don’t understand why one of my best friends would treat someone that special to me like that. She hasn’t answered me and I hear someone coming up the stairs. I turn to look and it’s Rheanna.

“Is she ok?” She asks me looking sympathetic.

“I don’t even know. Look, I’ll let you know tomorrow, no offence, but I think she needs her big brother right now. Sorry” I say trying not to offend her.

“Yeah it’s fine, good idea actually.” She smiles and walks off downstairs.

“Alice, please open up. At least let me come and sit with you?” I say and for a few moments there’s no answer, but then I hear someone walking towards the door and then it clicks. She’s unlocked it. She opens the door slowly and her eyes are bright red and puffy. I open my arms and she throws herself into them. I’ve never seen her act like this before. He must have hurt her pretty bad! He’s so fucking rude! He doesn’t even know her! She pulls away and goes and sits down on her bed again. I follow her and shut the door quietly. I sit on the bed and she leans into my chest and starts to cry again. I hug her tight, hushing her like I would a baby.

“It’ll be alrightAlice” I say to her rocking her gently as she continues to cry into my arms. Soon I hear she’s stopped crying and I look down and she’s fallen asleep. I lay her down so she’s on her bed and tuck her in and head to the door. I smile at her looking at how peaceful she looks when she’s sleeping and then quietly shut the door. I walk downstairs to see that there’s only a few people left there. Jay, Jackie (Siva’s cousin), Rhiannon, Amy and Seev. I look at Rhiannon with an apologetic look on my face. She must think I’m friends with some right weirdo’s. Talk about way to put a girl off. She gets up off the settee, straightens out her dress and sighs.

“Well I guess you can call me then” she says but she doesn’t sound so sure. She gives me half a smile and walks out. Everyone else must have gone home and Nathan hasn’t returned yet. I swear down when he does I will have a field day with him!

-The next morning-

Nathan’s P.O.V.

I suddenly feel myself wake up to water being poured over my head. It’s freezing! My eyes are all blurred and I rub them to get my vision back. Once it’s back to normal, I blink a few times and see Tom stood there with a now empty jug. I’m about to question him on his action when he speaks first.

“There’s a cup of tea and a packet of paracetamol on the coffee table not that I think you deserve it” he says to me really bitterly and goes to walk out my bedroom door.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I ask him sharply and go to sit up when I feel my head throb with pain.

Hangover.

“What do you mean ‘ what’s that supposed to mean?’ ? You must be as stupid as I thought!” he grunts at me. I’m all confused when blurred visions of last night hit me. Tom must have seen the look of realisation hit my face when he speaks to me again.

“I take it you’ve figured it out then! You know I hope you’re happy mate! Not only are you an ungrateful pig for ruining my party but you made Lally cry” He begins. ‘Lally’ what a stupid name!

“No girl deserves to be treated like that especially my sister! Why on earth you thought you could talk to her like that I don’t know! You barely even know her and you are so fucking lucky I didn’t smash your head in last night or this morning. You’re my best mate and you’ve betrayed my trust. You’re going to have to work hard to gain mine and her trust and even harder for our forgiveness. Now get the fuck out of bed and get dressed. Siva and Amy are coming round in half an hour to announce some news they have.” Tom shouts at me. Before I have time to reply to him he storms out slamming the door. I can’t believe I made her cry. I feel so….wait…it can’t be guilt can it?