Chapter 15

Jacky’s P.O.V.

When I saw Katie all my memories of her came flooding back. I’m surprised Siva didn’t say anything, but I suppose he didn’t know it was her did he? As soon as I saw her all my anger started to build up until I cracked which made me scream at Katie and go storming out. I just couldn’t stand being in the same room as her after what she did all those years ago!

“Jacky wait!” I hear Jay shout after me. The fact that he’s running after me makes tears well up in my eyes. I don’t want to show this to Jay so I decide to keep on walking. A few minutes later and I hear a panting and someone grab my shoulder. I sharply turn and I see Jay.

“What just happened?” He asks me all confused whilst also trying to catch his breath back.

“It’s nothing” I tell him and try to walk off but he grabs hold of my arm where this stops me from walking off.

“Well it obviously is. It’s upsetting you and you know what? It’s upsetting me to. The fact you can’t even tell your own partner what’s going on. I know we haven’t been together that long and it must be hard for you considering what you did when you saw her but it feels like you don’t trust me.” Jay tells me and I see tears welling up in his eyes which kind of breaks my heart.

“Fine” I tell him reluctantly and we begin to walk back to Max’s even though I don’t want to be near Katie. I walk in the house to see Katie crying in Max’s arms. Oh I suppose she’s acting like the innocent one! This makes me so angry!

“Oh I suppose you’ve told Max you’re the innocent one in this?!” I shout at Katie.

“Look I apologised didn’t I?” she tells me standing up to face me.

“But that isn’t good enough! Do you really think that one tiny little word will make me forgive you for what YOU did?” I shout at her.

“Look before we start any arguments could someone please explain to us what is going on?” Max says before Katie could reply.

“I suppose you’re right. We can’t stand here arguing in your house without telling you what’s going on. Plus there’s the fact I’m with you now Max” Katie tells Max.

“See you don’t even care do you? Go and tell the whole world why don’t you?!” I scream at her. She just doesn’t understand what she put me through.

“Jacky come and sit down, lets talk about this” Siva says getting up and trying to calm me down. I shake him out of my grasp. Then Jay tries and he hugs me. As soon as I’m in his arms I start to calm down. I know it sounds weird that Jay could calm me down when Siva couldn’t seeing as though Siva is my cousin but whenever I get the smell of Jay’s aftershave it always soothes me out. It makes me feel like all my problems are going away forever. When he pulls away he holds my arms and looks into my eyes.

“Are you ready to talk? Look you don’t have to, but just know I’m here for you and I’m sure the rest of us are to. Do you want to talk things over?” Jay says still gazing into my eyes. His bright, ice blue eyes make me melt inside so I reluctantly nod my head.

“Ok” I say and sit down next to Jay on the sofa. “So I guess I’ll start at the beginning then” I begin and Jay nods his head and squeezes my hand for reassurance. “Basically I used to be quite overweight when I was in school. Well very overweight. Well because of this my life at school was made hell. By that bitch sat over there!” I begin and Max looks at her in shock. I decide to carry on before anyone begins to ask questions but before I do I look at Katie who looks at her feet in shame. I then continue: “Every day of my school life from year seven to year 11 was made hell. She bullied me for five years straight because of my weight. I was cleverer than her but she was far prettier. She would bully me for this. It wasn’t just verbal either. It was cyber and physical bullying. I even dropped out of school towards the end of this. Eventually I lost weight determined to make something of myself. I became ever so skinny and eventually became a model. Well three years ago I met this guy called Harry. We eventually fell in love and then we had a reunion at the school. I met Katie and she apologised for everything she did. She looked like she really meant it and gullible me actually believed her! We became best friends until one day after a long hard day’s work I walked home to find Harry at it with her on the sofa. I was heartbroken obviously. Well they both tried to explain it to me and then she admitted to me she only apologised so she could get close to me and therefore close to Harry. Well a few things were exchanged verbally between me and Katie like and then we didn’t see eachother again. Until about two months after that event where I was up town at about half ten on a Friday night. I had a few drinks and I was tipsy but not quite drunk enough to not feel pain. I walked past a club where I saw Katie and a few of her mates coming out; they looked completely pissed. I was going to say something but then I knew there was no point so I kept walking. About five minutes later I got round the corner. Suddenly I felt someone pin me up against the wall, I turned my head to face the person and I saw it was Katie. I screamed at her to let me go but she refused. Said something about Harry never loving me and it’s my fault her relationship with him ended. I laughed in her face at her remark I mean she never had a relationship with him did she? It was an affair and they mean nothing. Because of that she sort of punched me then kneed me I the stomach. Before I could even get up she kicked me down again and that’s the last thing I could remember before I woke up in hospital two weeks later. Apparently she beat me to an inch within my life and the doctors thought I wasn’t actually going to wake from my coma. They thought I was going to die. All because of her. I couldn’t walk for the next sixth months where I had to go to months on tense therapy to get my legs working again. All because of her!” I say and then I feel a tear roll down my face as I remember everything that happened. Max was holding Katie and hugging her but he suddenly pulls away and stands up where he just runs out the house.

“Well thanks for that! Thanks for ruining another relationship!” Katie shouts at me.

“Me?! Ruining your relationship?! All of this is your fault! All of this wouldn’t have happened if you hadn’t of done that!”

“All of this wouldn’t have happened if you hadn’t of opened your big mouth!” Katie shouted at me before storming out to. I begin to cry again and Jay pulls me close to him where I continually sob into his arms. Siva also comforts me as he knew that happened to me but he never found out who it was.

“Well I’m just going to go then” Nathan says and leaves with Tom following close behind. I don’t blame them really. I mean they must have felt pretty awkward.

“I think we should go, this is Max’s house” I say as I pull away.

“Yeah you’re right” Jay says to me as he holds me hand all the way to the car. We drive off home and as we are driving off I see Siva shutting the door and heading back to his car.