Chapter 24

*Still the same day*

Alice’s P.O.V

I’m still completely pissed off with Rheanna! I can’t believe she would do something like that. She knows it’s brown hair dye, not bright red! I just know it looks stupid because as soon as I walked into the living room Nathan burst out laughing at me and when Tom walked in he could barely stifle it. I’m just dreading how Danny is going to react. It’s now aboutquarter past sevenand I’ve just got to wait for another 15 minutes for Danny to turn up, if he turns up on time. I’m not sure if Tom’s going out with Rhiannon tonight, but I’m hoping when Danny comes to the door, if Tom’s here he won’t demand to meet Danny there and then. I mean I know what Tom’s like even if I’ve only just met the guy or I’ve known him all my life. At that moment I hear a knock on the door and I look at my watch to see it’s only twenty past seven so if that’s Danny, he’ll be ten minutes early, not that I’m complaining of course. I quickly take a look at myself in the floor length mirror that’s in the hall before I open the door. I’ve co-ordinated my dress code for the night with my hair which makes the red more subtle.

“He’s a bit keen isn’t he?” I hear Tom mutter under his breath as he goes into the living room. I just shake my head and sigh as I open the front door to see Danny stood there leaning against the wall. He looked amazing, even better than what I could remember.

“You look beautiful” Danny says to me and I look at the floor and blush as I can feel my face turning red.

“Thanks” I say when my face had gone back to normal colour, as to not look the same colour as my hair, and smile at him. I look into his eyes for a few seconds and they look the warmest brown.

“Well are you ready then?” He asks me, standing up and straightening up his jacket.

“Yeah, let me just grab my bag, I’ll be two seconds” I say and quickly pop my head inside the house to grab it off the coffee table that’s in the hall. I walk out, shut the door and walk down the steps with Danny to his car. As I get into the passenger seat

next to Danny’s, I look at the living room window to see Tom watching. He really needs to give up. But then I look at the top two windows of the house and see Nathan watching with a hint of jealousy flashing on his face every few seconds. What is his problem?

We start driving and within fifteen minutes we arrive at the restaurant. It’s nothing five star and it’s nothing big, but I don’t mind. It’s a nice cosy Indian cuisine, my favourite type of restaurant! We enter the restaurant and as Danny tells the waiter his name we sit at a two seater table. Eventually the waiter comes and we order our food which when that came, it was beautifully presented and plus, it tasted just as good as it looked. Eventually the meal is over and done with where Danny, being a gentleman pays for everything. By that point I was feeling quite tipsy, but not drunk enough to not know what I was doing.

“Do you want to go out dancing?” He asks me and after a few minutes of thinking, I nod my head in agreement. I mean what harm could come of that? I really did feel like I really liked him and I felt like I knew him forever. We discussed everything about ourselves during the meal and on the way to the nearest nightclub where Danny quickly persuaded the bouncer to let us in. When we were in there, it was no where near like what the night was when I sat talking to him all night. Instead of talking, we instead ordered drink after drink until I was drunk out of my mind. We danced all night long, not even caring who was watching and although this wasn’t the normal thing I’d do on a first date with a guy, I didn’t care. Infact I trusted myself which was fairly unusual for me. Perhaps it was the alcohol having its influence on me, I had had a lot to drink, but then again I felt a feeling of safety when I was with him. I felt like even though I had only met Danny twice that I could be anywhere with him and no harm would come to me.

Eventually when we finally decided it was time to leave, or in other words, we were kicked out because we were so drunk, we decided to ditch the club and grab a cab seeing as though Danny couldn’t drive his car back. Danny told the driver his address and stupid me forgot to tell the driver my address. The whole way back to Danny’s we laughed and giggled at everything even if it wasn’t the slightest bit funny. Just as we were pulling up I could feel the sexual tension between us starting to build. Danny quickly paid the cab driver and we stumbled up the steps together to his house not wanting to talk in fear of spoiling this mood. Danny opened the door straight the way which to my surprise wasn’t locked. As we entered the house I took a quick look around me whilst he shut the door. The normal typical house, and yet, he just didn’t seem like the normal typical lad. As I scanned the room I saw a handbag on the coffee table that I didn’t recognise as my own. I quickly forget all this though as Danny puts his hand under my chin and brings my face to face his. We gaze into eachothers eyes for a few moments until we slowly lean in and kiss where the kiss quickly becomes harder and more passionate. As I wrap my legs around his waist, he doesn’t seem to mind, it only seems to make this kiss more passionate and intense. As we go up the stairs, my legs still in tact around Danny’s waist we bang into the walls a few times and tug roughly at eachother’s hair but neither of us seems to mind. It doesn’t seem to spoil the mood in any way, surprisingly enough.

This wasn’t like me, to do what we were about to do on the first date. Whenever I came close to doing this on a first date, I would always be able to stop my self as I came to my senses knowing that this would be the sensible thing to do. Yet with Danny, I couldn’t help my self. My impulses were too strong, it was like there was this longing inside of me the reached out and latched onto Danny’s soul.

We soon found the bedroom and made our way into it with a sudden crash on the bed. Soon things begin to get more heated and we started to take eachother’s clothes off.

*A few hours later. Still Alice’s P.O.V.*

I suddenly wake up and sit up in the bed. I thought I heard a bang but I listen carefully around me and there’s nothing. Nothing at all. I look around me thinking, part of me hoping this was a dream. Only a small part of me hoping of course, but that was the part of me that was worried about what Tom would say. The rest of me was filled with a mix of emotions, hope, anxiety, excitement, many of which I couldn’t explain to myself. I look and see the muscular figure laying wrapped in the white cotton sheets next to me. Danny. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping, yet when he’s awake this tells a completely different story. I look at the clock and see it’s about1am.

Suddenly I hear another bang, this time, like the sound of the front door closing.

“Danny? Are you home?” A feminine voice calls up the stairs and I suddenly hear footsteps slowly making their way up them. I begin to panic remembering that the door was unlocked and the handbag I saw on the coffee table. I knew I should of thought more. As the footsteps get louder, obviously getting closer I can’t think of anything to do but shake Danny awake.

“Danny, wake the fuck up! There’s someone here!” I say and he immediately shoots up in bed, a look of panic he was trying to be hidden on his face. The sound of heels clicking on the landing filled the empty hall. They were slowly heading towards our room.

“Ok Alice, please please don’t be mad. Let me explain” Danny begins and the door flings open. As my head spins round to see the womanly figure stood in the open doorway, my worst fears are confirmed.