Chapter 14

Simon's POV

"Why is he with us again?" Grady asked from behind the wheel.

"Because Ryder invited me over," I smirked at him in the rear view mirror, he was still sulking.

"I was not asking you," he glared.

"Stop being a baby," Ryder laughed.

"Whatever," Grady grumbled and I had to bit back a comment about him sounding like Ros.

This was going to be a very interesting afternoon, I thought as we pulled up to the house.

"Don't close the door," Ryder commanded in a frantic whisper as we entered the house.

"What?" I asked, only to be shushed by both of them.

"She's listening to Nickleback," Grady flinched at Ryder's words.

"What is wrong with Nickleback?" I whispered.

"Shhh," they both held up fingers...what is going on?

"I smell cookies," Grady whispered turning to Ryder."

"Shit," Ryder kicked air.

"What is going on?" They shushed me again, this was getting old. What the hell is going on? They are talking about cookies and nickleback like they are bad things, when are cookies ever a bad thing?

"What movie was she watching when you got here?" Ryder asked Grady, who frowned.

"The Replacements," he answered quickly, "but I didn't think anything of it," he shook his head. Okay...movies now...

"Did she put in another before you left?" Ryder asked, watching the doorway, Grady paled. Seriously what the fuck?

"For Love of the Game."

"Fuck!" Ryder whispered furiously. "Why didn't you call me?"

"I wasn't thinking," Grady said still shaking his head. "Makes sense though," he looked over at Ryder, "she cried today instead of just hitting us both."

"It's been 6 months already?" Ryder shut the door quietly.

"Guess so," Grady nodded.

"Okay," I yelled and they both flinched, "What the fuck is going on here?"

"Simon?" Ros called from the kitchen, Ryder and Grady glared at me, WTF.

"Yea Ros," I answered her.

"Is Ryder with you?" her voice sounded hoarse.

"Yes," I answered.

"Bubby," she was definitely crying, "please come here."

"Coming Lynnie," Ryder called, now I knew something was wrong, he never called her Lynnie unless something was going on. "Grady go get the supplies, call mom, and then get your ass back here."

"Already gone," Grady said walking towards the door.

"Simon go with him," Ryder directed and Grady stiffened, but Ryder's tone did not suggest that we argue.

"You wanna tell me what the fuck is going on now?" I asked as we climbed into the jeep.

"Ros," he started, "started her period," he sighed.

"Okay?" I was still confused, don't all girls do that whole menstruating thing?

"She only has one like every 6 months," he rushed out, "something about her not having enough body fat. She gets really sick," his hands tightened on the wheel as he continued, "has horrible cramps, and even worse mood swings."

"Wow," was all I could say. To be honest I was impressed he knew all that.

"How do you know she started?" I asked, still sort of confused, but mostly amazed.

"The crying," he ticked off with a finger, "movies," another finger, "cookies and nickleback," two more fingers. "It's the same every time."

"Again wow," we pulled into the wal-mart parking lot. "What are we doing here?" I asked.

"Supplies," he smiled.

"Chocolate, tampons, pads, pretzels, vanilla ice cream, and pink nail polish?" I asked as the things moved past me on the conveyer belt, I was still reeling from the whole tampon pad aisle.

"Yup," he said as the checkout girl gave us a funny look, "girlfriend," he offered with a smile.

"Lucky girl," she leaned toward him.

"He's the lucky one," I muttered, utterly disgusted that she would flirt with him after he just said he had a girlfriend.

"I know I am," he turned to face me.

"You better," I stared back at him, he nodded, I nodded and just like that I was backing out of the fight, not that I had actually ever been in it...again girl not exactly my type.

"Do you want me to take you home?" Grady asked back in the jeep.

"Ummm," I stalled, not knowing the answer.

"Because Ros really hates for other people to know about what is going on and Ryder and I are going to be busy with her all night."

"I understand," I nodded, not wanting to intrude on their rituals.

"Okay," he turned toward me house. "Hey man," he said as we pulled into my neighborhood, "I'm sorry about being an ass," he strangled out, apparently uncomfortable with apologizing.

"Don't worry about it," I smiled, "I shouldn't have been pushing your buttons like that," he didn't say anything. "But seriously," I said getting out of the jeep, "you really need to tell her," he looked away from me.

"Later dude," he said.

"Later," I said back as he pulled away.