Chapter 29

"I don't wanna leave," I whined as we packed up the coolers.

"We have school tomorrow Ros," Grady smiled at me he handed me a water.

"Ugh," I groaned before taking a sip and handing it back, "I don't wanna go to school tomorrow."

"Stop whining birthday girl," he laughed taking a big gulp from the bottle.

"Hey that was mine," I tried grabbing it, but he held it above my head, jerk face.

"It's ours," his voice was husky as I reached up for the bottle.

"Shut up GG and give me the water back," I jumped, but it was still just out of my reach. "GG," I whined, but he pressed his lips to my shoulder fizzling my thoughts.

"Six," he grinned as I dropped my arm.

"Not fair," I pouted turning away from him.

"Stop pouting," his voice teased, he dropped the water bottle to rest on my shoulder.

"Thank you," I snapped taking it away from him.

"You're welcome," he laughed lugging the ice chest outside.

Kiss number seven was placed on my wrist as I handed him sleeping bags, everyone was standing around when I got that one.

"Hey," I pulled my hand back as though burned and looked around to make sure no one had seen. They were all busy loading up other things.

"Stop it," I hissed handing him another blanket.

"Just can't help myself," he teased throwing the equipment behind him.

"Well at least try," I sighed, turning away from the truck to get Hughbert.

"Come on Hughy," his nose pressed into my cheek, "awww Hughy gave me a birthday kiss too," I cooed as Grady came up behind me. I glanced over my shoulder at him, "That a kiss from two pigs today," I smirked and he bumped me.

"Shut up Ros," he laughed getting into the jeep.

Kiss number eight was placed on the palm of my hand as we pulled into a gas station. Kiss number nine was a nibbled on my ear lobe as we walked into my house only to be greeted by my parents, my face red at the chance they may have seen his little display of affection.

"Happy birthday pumpkin!" my dad yelled as Grady dropped my hand.

"Thanks daddy," I laughed as he pulled me into a tight hug.

"Did you miss me?" he held me back from him with a broad smile.

"Of course daddy," I kissed his cheek and then turned to my mom, who was standing there watching us with tears in her eyes.

"My baby is all grown up," she cried and I laughed as her arms went around me.

"Mom, I'm only 17 not 70 calm down," my father let out a bark of laughter before pulling mom off me.

"Did I miss the cake?" Ryder asked from the doorway.

"Nope," I answered as he sauntered in, the gang behind him with balloons.