Chapter 25

"Has it been 30 minutes yet?" Ryder asked me with a smile.

"Why?" Patty whined, next to him, but I did not let it affect my smile.

"Last one to the dock has to sleep outside," I yelled before running towards the stairs, only to have someone catch me and pull me back.

"Oh no you don't," Ryder laughed in my ear before throwing me back, right into Grady's chest.

"Ouch," I cried, rubbing my elbow as we both started running for the door.

"GG," I said grabbing the back of his shirt and pulling him away from the door, but he was obviously stronger than me, so I was pulled into the room after him.

I tried to grab my bag, but Grady held it up above my head.

"Give it here," I yelled, jumping up to grab it back.

"I think not," he smirked, but I jumped up on the bed and tried to leap for the bag, which only resulted in me colliding with his back. I held on for dear life as he tried to get away from me.

"Give me the bag," I yelled in his ear.

"Was that really necessary?" he said rubbing the ear, I just smiled.

"Just hand it over," I said in his ear and I thought I felt him shiver.

"Never," he whispered back.

I tried to reach the bag from my position on his back, but somehow he kept it just out of my reach.

"GG," I whined as I heard the door opening and closing, followed by the sounds of girls squealing. "They beat us," I said, letting myself slide off of him. I sat on the edge of the bed looking down at the floor, Grady's shoes came into view.

"Ros," he sighed, sounding hurt, I smiled. The plan was working so far.

"I don't wanna sleep outside," I pouted, crossing my arms over my chest

"Ros," he said again, my smile grew wider when my bag was dropped at my feet.

"Sucker!" I yelled, quickly scooping up the bag and running from the room.

Seconds later I was running out the door towards the dock, Grady hot on my trail, just as I was about to step on the deck his arms captured me and pulled me back to his chest.

"Hey!" I yelled as he picked me up bridal style and then walked toward the end of the dock.

"Now we both have to sleep outside," he grinned as I glared up at him.

"I hate you," I grumbled.

"No you don't," he said and then I was sailing through the air.

The cold water hit my back first and I squealed as I sunk.

When I resurfaced everyone was laughing.

"You are such an ass!" I yelled to Grady, who was no just in front of me.

"You love me," he teased, swimming to me.

"In your dreams," I scoffed and tried to swim away, but he grabbed my ankle.

"Every night babe," he smirked and then dunked me under.

"You are a jerk," I sputtered, spitting the water from my mouth.

"Does it taste good Ros?" Ryder laughed.

"I'm gonna kill you too," I said, swimming towards him and the other, aware that Grady was just behind me.

"Babe get in the water," Ryder called to Patty, who was staked out on the dock in her skimpy bikini.

"No," she said, shaking her head. "That water is disgusting."