Chapter 38 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLEY!!

We pulled into a foreign parking lot; I was still not sure what we were doing here, only that it involved getting dirty, something we were both bad at, it was a life skill, other people would be there, my hunger would be appeased, it was something for couples to do and I owed him more than a handful of kisses.

“Can’t you just tell me now?” I groaned as he pulled me from the jeep, offering me one last question.

“I believe that is ten now,” he grinned wickedly down at me, his tone making me forget that I wasn’t supposed to be happy about what was to come.

“What are we doing here?” I asked, hoping for a direct answer.

“Going on our date,” he pulled me toward the large doors.

“You’re an ass you know that?” he smiled at me over his shoulder.

“Yes, and you now owe me another kiss,” I stopped.

“I do not,” I argued. “I was stating a fact not asking a question.”

He rolled his eyes pulling me forward again, “But you posed it as a question,” he challenged.”

“It wasn’t a question,” I muttered.

“Sounded like one to me,” he laughed, as we entered a room with long tables set up in a semi circle.

Behind one table stood a very tall, very beautiful girl. Her blue eyes sparkled up at us as she smiled, revealing perfectly white teeth.

“Hi there,” she called out, her messy brown hair swinging behind her as she moved around her table.

“Hi,” Grady smiled over at her and I tugged on his hand.

“I am not into swinging,” he laughed right in my face.

“That is what you think I brought you here for?”

“Well we are in an unmarked building, tables set up and there is a hot blonde girl,” he stopped laughing, barely holding it in. “What the hell am I supposed to think?”

“Oh I love you,” he swooped down to kiss me. “You still owe me twelve of those.”

“Are you going to tell me what I am here for?” I pushed him away.

“We’re here to take a class,” he pulled me to one of the empty tables just to the left of the blonde girl.

“For?” I gestured for him to elaborate.

“Cooking.”

“Seriously?” I deflated on the spot.

“Yup,” his eyes twinkled down at me.

“I hate you,” I groaned, placing my head down on the cold steel table.

“You do not,” he pulled me back up and into his arms. 

“Katie did anyone else show up yet?” the question came flying from the fiery blonde pushing through the doors.

“Yea Kody,” the brunette answered. “Hi I’m Katie,” she held her hand out.

“Ros,” I answered, offering her my hand. “This is my boyfriend Grady,” I motioned to the idiot next to me.

“Nice to meet you both,” she smiled warmly. “That is Kody,” she pointed to the girl approaching us.

“Hey,” she threw out with a smile of her own. “How did you two get roped into this?” she slid into the chair next to Katie.”

“He forced me,” I hooked my thumb toward Grady.