"Who's Shakespeare comparing a summer's day to?" She asks briskly, her eyes trained on me from behind her full rimmed glasses sitting low on her nose bridge. She raises an eyebrow at me as I rake my brain for the answer.

"He's comparing a summer's day to his friend." I say after some moments of silence. I see the whole class turn back to look at me and suddenly, I could feel everyone's eyes at me. I spot Melisa and her minions sitting at the front, smirking at me.

"What's the name of friend?" She asks.

"I...uh... I." I mumble looking around, trying to remember what I studied last night.

"Try to be attentive in class, Nefret if you don't wish to repeat this year again." She says briskly before telling me to sit and continuing the class. After English, I go to the lockers to get my books for the next class which happens to be Physics.

As I open the locker and shove my English books in it, I feel a presence behind me and I instantly realize who the person is. Before she could do anything, I shut the locker with a loud bang making her jump back.

"Oh sorry, did I scare the shit out of you?" I ask sweetly batting my eyes at her. She glares at me before storming off with her three minions hot on her tail. I roll my eyes at her before taking out my physics book and heading towards the physics department.

I spot Grace in the hallways. She sends me a cold glare before going back to talk to her friends. I shake my head at her and go to the physics department. I enter the class and head straight to the last bench. The physics class passes in a blur and so does the rest of the day.

When the last bell for the day rings, signaling the end of the day, I feel like throwing a tantrum. I have to go home but I don't want to. Home: it's the place I dread the most. I just don't want to face my family yet because I know as soon as I step inside the house mom will interrogate me.

I know that they haven't gotten over what happened this morning and they won't let the incident slip easily. I sigh deeply as I start to walk home, taking small steps, wishing somehow I forgot the way home. Wishing I die this moment and don't have to face anyone.

When I reach home, I decide to climb the water pipe and enter my room instead of entering through the front door. I creep in the backyard before starting to climb the water pipe. When I reach my room, I open the window and swing myself inside, landing on my bedroom floor with a loud thud.

"Nefret is that you? Are you home?" I hear dad call out and I mentally curse myself for being hasty. When I don't answer him, I hear footsteps outside my door before the door opens and I see dad standing tall at my door.

I slowly get up from the floor.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to climb the water pipe? You could have slipped and fallen." He says annoyance and frustration decorating his face as I stand up.

"Sorry, dad."

"Is she home yet?" I hear mom ask from downstairs and start to mentally devise a plan to run away. I shouldn't have come home in the first place.

"Yes, our imp is home." Dad says and steps inside my room while I place my bag at my study table. His gaze keeps trained on me. I know the look on his face and what the intensity of his eyes means. They're screaming only one thing at me: START SPEAKING.

"I...I am sorry for what happened this morning." I say dropping my gaze and tugging the hem of my jacket.

"Don't apologize to me. Go downstairs and apologize to your sister." He says patiently crossing his arms on his chest. At the mention of apology and sister in the same sentence, my head shoots up and I feel a scowl finding its way to my face.