Chapter 2

Ash right in the sidebar.

Please excuse any grammar mistakes or spelling errors in this chapter. And feel free to point it out if you see anything.

➳ ➳ ➳

Chapter 2

Clarence

People say I have the great possession of intelligence. And that's mainly because of my photographic memory. But who would waste their time taking a single look at books with words they cannot even decipher because of their stupid dyslexia? Right. No one. So imagine in my circumstance, I'd love to use my ability on things that'll be helpful to my life. For example, my passion and talent: art and sketching. Olympus seems like a perfect model for another painting (another one since my life wasn't thrown chaos) because it is glued to my mind the whole evening. That and other things, of course.

But back to the original topic about my wonderful cryptic mind. As I said, my incredible memory occupies a huge role in my knowledge and intelligence. Though, at least one eighth of that intellect is the imaginative ability of my mind. Being an artist means not only copying the masterpiece of nature but also molding an original artwork from a power called imagination. It's like an alternate universe in yourself where anything can happen and every impossible is possible. Every attitude or personality or yours sparks within your imagination. It's a concoction of colors, moods, every single living and non-living thing or even objects that are not visible to the human eye.

Why am I going on about this? No, I'm not bragging or anything, but it is an emphasis or an additional information to what happened to me.

I slowly rise from the comfort of my soft mattress, blinking my eyes slowly. Once they've adjusted to the dim light of my room - and the one coming out of the window - I run a hand through my disheveled hairdo. My thoughts begin to recall the deep thinking a while ago. And what was I thinking? Well, I just have a new perspective of what life is.

Here it goes:

In that livid dream, I am standing - no, sitting - on a cushion of clouds. I am overlooking on Earth below, (the planet, not the goddess) specifically the activity of the people as they move about the place. Honestly, I feel like a dominant queen, admiring my possession and property. Except these people aren't under my power. See, beside me, the gods are manipulating the mythical creatures, demigods and mortals. They have their power to control us, twisting our lives in any way they can.

That is exactly what they are doing to me. I am they're latest toy, the most popular doll around. The gods put all their attention to me and they play with my life, enjoying the humor and entertainment they can get. I mean, look at how my life is so far! The gods - even minor ones - push me here and there and in the end, I'm the one who gets hurt. Well, I don't blame them, though. For all the years they've been around, I'm sure they all have a hard time. But if they would stop using me, then I'd be so happy.

And there are others there who clearly enjoy every suffering of mine. Cough, Ares, cough.

After that, I just have to sit up on my bed, thinking a lot more into it. Maybe that's really how everything goes. I fold my legs and wrap my arms around them whilst hanging my head low. Does this mean that there are more sufferings to come? Who will guide me then? I don't think I'll be able to survive that long. During my days in Washington, I used to think that no one cares for me and no one will. Now, I kinda feel like that already.

Alone and lost.

I want Lindy with me, to give me advice and help me get through my problems. She was sweet and caring, always there to look out for me. I was - and still am - broken because of her death, caused by evil Diana. I crave for Gerald's presence, too, who was my friend and someone who actually understands me. He led me along my demigod life and was ready to pick me up whenever I fell. But now I couldn't see him ever again because his dead, all thanks to his own father, Hades. I want someone to be there, hugging me and telling me to not worry and he - or she - will be always there -