Introduction

This book will be cut into three parts: a half of the sequel, a spin-off and then the rest of the sequel. This is done to put the events in right order so that readers will not be confused. This intro is a little thing to get the book started.

Some of you might be wondering why Hidden Beneath was deleted. I will concentrate first on this novel before I rewrite HB because I'm still working on that book's new plot. So just enjoy the most-awaited sequel of Daughter of Light.....!

Part I

 ➳ ➳ ➳

 Introduction 

Unknown

            The gift bearer of Olympus, closer and closer I go to the brink of my death. The emotionless spirits are calling for me, clawing at my feet and begging me to come down. It’s like my feet have their own souls, slowly dragging me. I have no control over them. And soon I will have no power over my body anymore.

            The symbol of peace and harmony between mortals and immortals, it feels like that time has stopped. It stopped for me. Here I am, now and there’s no turning back anymore. I made my final decision. I just want everything to be alright between the gods when I die. I would drift into a calm serene and deep sleep. Imagine it: no more problems, no more worries or duties.

            The weaver of the future, an epitome of respect and care towards her superiors, what am I to the world? I begin to wonder. Possibly, I’m just a mere bruise in the lands, waiting to fade and disappear completely. All humankind will rejoice once all my being is erased in their memories. The world would be better, if I’m not here.

            The gods will remember forever, the pure deeds and actions she has done. Her qualities are forever favorable, her presence being the joy of gods and she is likeable among everyone, the fates have warned me about my future. I did not listen. And look where it brought me. They told me I would soon crumble into the ground and become nothing but dust. And I’ll bring misery and misfortune to another one.

            We cannot stop the fates for this is her destiny. She shall perish in the Underworld and a feud will rise in the heavens, I slowly close my eyes and let the wind carry me to my end. It’s almost unbelievable how one little thing can lead into wars, destructions, deaths and many sufferings. Because of one person, everything shall slowly break and collapse.

            A true young hero, who will be honored and remembered, I am connected to the gods. I can hear their voices and see their feelings; those are why I associate with them. And swimming in my head right now is the voice of Apollo, the god of prophecies, who knew this day would come.

            HELP! HELP!

Images. Images flashed that make me flinch and urges me to cry for the last time. They remind me of the unbearable pain that pierced through my heart and soon poisoned my soul. The visions . . . I cannot take them anymore. Why must this cruelty be sent towards me? Why must I be the one to suffer when I did nothing? Is it I who should pay for what the gods have done?

Ti̱n skóto̱se ! Eínai óla sas !

The cries are getting louder and louder every second. Insults fire from left to right, Greek to Roman, god to goddess. They battle themselves, knowing that it will affect them agonizingly. There is nothing I can do. The gods are dominant over us mortals. They last for eternity.

Styx iuro, tibi similis, peribunt; Ipsum enim est solum, culpa tua est;

They are all blinded by their anger and rage that they cannot see what is in front of them. Their eyes cannot be opened to the truth. They do not know that their abuses are meaningless and will make the problem worse. On and on will run the chain of unfortunate events if they do not stop. Only a greater force – which could be the littlest and weakest of things – can bring an end to their hatred for each other.

Legends or not, they exist. They are invisible to the human eye, but completely dangerous once The Mist is uplifted. I envy the other mortals, which are clueless and carefree to the truth. The ones, who are gifted and special, suffer severely amidst the gods. They are carried to places that they cannot survive. I’m one of them. And clearly, I did not succeed. I did not bring peace, but instead gave conflict.

You are the cause, but who is the effect?

The goddess of wisdom, Athena, asked me once. I thought about it day and night. The person who will suffer the consequences of my acts cannot possibly tolerate the sufferings I brought. Drops of agony flow down my cheeks as my mind focuses on this. My fists clench them unclench. I am the opposite of what the people think I am. I am the face of obliteration, not life.

Baby, you’re a flower,” My mom used to say, “You’re the light of my life, you’re so delicate and innocent when you were given to me.” She said, whilst stroking my long dandelion-colored hair. My mother had me when she was only seventeen and she raised me herself. She cared for me despite my mistakes and loved me even I committed wrongdoings. Now she’s swept away to the Underworld, probably staying in the Fields of Asphodel.

            More waterworks form in the brim of my eyes. My breaths come in rapid pants. I can remember now myself and him, so in love, so happy. But he’s torn away from me. He left me, on my knees, weeping and ashamed. I recall how I felt that my whole life seemed like a lie. Every good thing that gives me real ecstasy is taken away from me, leaving huge wreckage inside of me. Adam and I, fit together as one piece. He was my everything, the one and my other half. Then, we are separated by the evil fate that is bound to get me.

            You hate me now Adam, but I still love you.

            The cliff. That’s where I decided to die. And here I am now, in the very edge, waiting for my death. I’ve gone through my life. And suicide is not an answer, but it’s better than anything. They fight because of me, and I know more will come once I passed away. Am I ready for death? Will it be painful? I want to imagine floating in black nothingness and letting myself fall into a deep sleep, never waking up.

            But I know that the Fields of Punishment is my destination. I shall never be reborn or rewarded in the Underworld. Sufferings will make up for my mistakes though it will not take away what I have done to the gods.

With a last intake of breath, I let myself fall down into the deep dark abyss.

➳ ➳ ➳

Okay, prize to the FIRST one who guesses whose point of view this is.