Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Calvin

            "Nice apartment," Jed comments while looking around at the small room.

            On the second day of their stay here, Ash and his friends decided to visit Alex and Liam in their apartment. Then afterwards, we'll go out to grab a bite with them. I went over to Lou's this morning to see if she could come. She said yes, then tagged along with us. She was quiet yesterday night when my brother and the others arrived, but I think she's just not comfortable with new people.

            That same night, as always before I went to bed, I found stardust on my window sill. I immediately contacted Clarence, asking her why she didn't come with them. She had a series of apologies which said that she's always busy with her mom even at night. She promised she'd make it up to me somehow and told me that I didn't need her anyway, because I've got Lou. I told her she's as important to me as Lou, but not in the way I like Lou. She bid goodbye to me after that.

            "Do you share a bedroom?" Ash narrows his eyes at Alex.

            She rolls her eyes, "Does it even matter?"

            "Yes, it does!"

            While the two are arguing and the others are talking, I sneak a glance at Lou. She's wearing a sleeveless turtle neck and shorts. It's because it's getting hotter and hotter every day.

            Probably the heat's just because of me.

            Lou has a poker-face on. She seems bored when we got her. I bet she only came with us because of the food. She fixes her gaze ahead, her blue eyes unmoving. I chuckle softly and she snaps out of her daze. She blinks several times and turns to me, blushing.

            "What?" she asks self-consciously.

            I smile secretively. She's cute when she does that. "Nothing. What are you thinking?"

            She shrugs, "Random stuff."

            "Do you do this all the time?"

            She blushes again, "Not really. I've got a lot to do right now." I barely hear the last sentence.

            I look back at my siblings. Ash is moving around the room right now, and Alex is following him. Liam's talking to Jed, who's interested in their demigod life and all that. Alex had told him all about Ash. Good thing he didn't run off. Ami and Jennifer are prodding around the apartment, discussing about something. I sigh and go towards Alex and Ash.

            "What's going on?" I ask them both. Ash's now fumbling around the pillows of the green couch. Alex is telling him to stop.

            "He's sticking his nose into my business." Alex glares at our brother.

            Without looking at us and this time moving to the TV, Ash says, "I'm just making sure they're safe, that's all. Don't you agree with me, bro?"

            "My love life is none of your business!" Alex flails her arms around frustratingly.

            "What are you even looking for?" Both Ash and I ignore her.

            Ash stops for a while to look at me pointedly, "What do you think?" Alex is beet red now, I don't know if it's out of anger or embarrassment.