My eyes widened at his comment, he saw me. He… He saw me covered in blood last night and talking about the five demons I killed. Oh no… What else had he seen? Had he been in my room? Had he seen my belongings? I had to get rid of him; I couldn’t have him telling anyone what he had seen! The glass that I had in my hand slipped from my grasp, tumbling to the floor with a smash. I swore under my breath, going to clean it up and caught my hand on some glass, the cut pouring the crimson liquid freely.

“Masumi!”

Cyndi instantly came over to help me, another member of staff cleaning up the glass as she got a first aid kit and sat me down, beginning to dress and clean the cut.

“What’s wrong? You’re so pale!”

I was pale because of what Isaac could have seen and saw last night, I glanced up at him and he knew straight away I was like this because of him. Everything he had said was confirmed to be true with my terrified expression. Cyndi bandaged up my right hand where the cut was and smiled softly.

“I’ll get you a drink… Just sit down and don’t worry about the rest of your shift, you look ill.”

She glared at Isaac and continued their conversation as she got me some water, placing it down on the table in front of me. My hand shook as I sipped it from the glass, looking out the window to see Dante walking down the path to come in for his strawberry sundae as usual.

“I cannot believe you! It’s afternoon and I swear you’re still asleep and dreaming!”

“Nonsense! I didn’t dream up any of it! How can I make you believe me?”

That’s when Dante came in, Cyndi noticed and smiled at him as he sat down with me, placing his guitar case in the booth with us both. I smiled meekly at him before he noticed my hand.

“Come in Dante, the usual?”

Of course Isaac didn’t take it well and ran out screaming in pure fear, Cyndi rolled her eyes before chasing after him, a frown on my lips as I looked at Dante. He gently took my hand and looked at the slowly staining bandage.

“What did you do?”

“Dropped a glass and cut myself while I tried to clean it up.”

“You look pale, you can stay at the office tonight, I don’t want you being in a weakened state.”

“Dante…”

I looked away as the radio started playing, a young man ringing up to request a song for his girlfriend. I looked at it then smiled slightly, I’ll Be Your Home starting to play. Of all the songs it had to be it was that one, wasn’t it. One of the sweetest songs in history, though it left me feeling like I was suddenly in some soppy romance novel? Aren’t songs great for making you feel like that?

Can you play I’ll Be Your Home for my girlfriend Amy? It’s her birthday today!

Of course! Coming right up!

I laughed at the sudden awkwardness between us, he chuckled before shaking his head, taking my hand back in his.

“Seriously, Masumi, I don’t want you to end up getting hurt just because you feel like you have to help me because I can take care of myself.”

“But I like helping you, like I said, you’re stuck with me… Nothing is going to stop me from being your partner.”

Why did I feel like I was crying? Dante pulled a strange face before wiping my cheeks then shook his head with a smile.

“You idiot, you’re crying. Do I seriously mean that much to you?”

“Oh god! I-I don’t even know why I’m crying. Jeez… What’s wrong with me?”