Your smile

Zack has not came to school in a week and I had Nikki try to get his friends to reach out but nothing. I was worried about him. I wanted to know why he was so angry. My bruise was now faint and I had not talked to Cassandra since that incident. She was never home but she still came to school. She wasn't really paying me any attention and she asked me not to be her TA for the time being which I found weird. Why would she even pay attention to me right? She doesn't know anything and I can't say that I blame her. I would steer clear off me too. Deep inside it hurt so much enough for me to cry but if I admit it I will actually break down and I'm not about that life. I wanted to figure out what happened to Zack and who gave him that stuff. Matt knew someone who knew someone and then I finally got a meet with this dealer. I knew it was really dangerous and Nikki kept telling to not go, but here I am about to get ready to walk into danger. I heard a knock on the door as I headed downstairs wearing all black. It was Nikki at the door wearing similar attire.

" What are you doing?" I asked puzzled well knowing what she was up to.

"Did you think I would let my best friend walk into the face of danger without me?"

I groaned.

"Nikki this isn't a game."

She looked at me debating what to say.

" You think I'm not scared shirtless? You are my best friend and I refuse to let you face danger alone. Besides I can't live without you in this world that would make my life to boring." She smiled and gave me a hug.

"Alright but please just do as I say. I don't plan to die today."

"Okay I got it."

We arrived at the designated meet. We where in a cemetery. The guy claimed he dealt regularly out of the location and according to Matt the guy was weird but harmless.

" Stay close. Don't say anything." I told Nikki and she just nodded. I could tell she was nervous but so was I. I needed to keep my cool as much as possible I didn't want my heart to act out. So I thought about the one thing that keeps me calm. That beautiful face that never ceases to stir butterflies in my stomach. Cassandra. Imagining her face had managed to keep me calm. I needed to see her after this. I intended to do so.

" hey. You Ariana?" I heard from the shadows. He looked young and a little twitchy. Not that I'm on drugs kind of twitchy. More like I have a disease type of twitchy. He was dark skinned and slim wore a hat and dark clothing. I couldn't quite make out his face but he had a gold ring that was shinning against the moon. His voice was raspy.

" Yes." I brought out my money. I was here to get some weed just like everyone thought but in reality I had some questions.

He reached for the money. " No." I said. "I want to know where that stuff came from." I stated with as much confident as I could. I felt Nikki tightened her grip on my arm.

"I will tell you if your broad goes." He said almost smiling as if he wanted us to be alone.

I nodded.

"Nikki go back to the car." I whispered.

"If something happens to me she's gonna call 911 just letting you know." I stated. Loud enough for Nikki to hear me and she was gone.

He laughed. " You are sure a feisty one aren't ya. Just like I heard."

" You know me?" I was really scared now and desperately thought of Cassandra. I couldn't control it. I was starting to feel my heart beat. Loud thumps in my head echoed.

" I have a message for your father." He looked almost scared as if this meet was planned even though I was the one that asked for it. "Tell him that he's not alone." He growled as he pulled a knife and lunged at me. Bam. I heard a loud sound that stopped the stranger. I see the guy drop as blood started to pool from his head. He was dead. I had just witnessed someone being shot and killed. I was almost killed. I looked around desperately and began to feel a sharp pain in my chest. Was I going to die? No one would miss me anyway. I began to think it was okay to die.