The Bell

Two weeks had passed since Cassandra started living with us. Dad was MIA and so was my brother. I would occasionally get texts from my brother asking if everything was going well. Mom was busy as usual which led to Cassandra and I spending a lot of time by ourselves but we didn't converse much. I was starting to think she was avoiding me a little. I was her student after all and our relationship was far from normal since she was now living in my house.

" Miss scarlet" I hear Zack asked.

" Yes Mr. Everest" She asked in a teacher tone.

Yup I still found that completely hot. Her dominating role just made me think of very inappropriate things that I now don't even bother to dismiss. The thoughts where there to stay.

" I need help. Is it possible for me to work with Ari she seems to have gotten the hang of this class" Zack beamed and glanced at me.

There's no way she's going to say yes. He just needs to switch classes already and I don't want to work with him.

She looked at me while she rolled her pen in between her fingers.

" Sure go ahead" she stated.

My jaw dropped. Seriously? I'm sure she has noticed that Zack literally won't leave me alone because I have not gone out on a date with him.

"Awesome!" he got up and scooted over a chair next to me. I could feel Nikki's eyes feeling sorry for me.

"Hey. So want to go out tonight? To be honest I don't get this class and it doesn't matter I just wanted to talk to you." He leaned in. Now invading my personal space. I had no where to go really so I backed up slightly.

" If I go will you be quiet?" I looked at him and felt a someone looking at me. I looked around and I saw Cassandra was eyeing me. She gave me a slight smile and went back to whatever she was doing.

" Really you'll go out with me?!" He practically yelled. Crap I should have known. Everyone was now whistling and cheering Zack on.

" Mr. Everest go back to your seat." Said Cassandra. She was now expressionless. I really can't tell what she's thinking at all. She has the perfect poker face.

I gave her an apologetic face. I didn't know he was gonna freak.

" Miss Haze see me after class." She looked at me. I still don't know what's going through her head.

I nodded.

The bell soon rang as I stated behind wondering what she wanted.

" What do you have going on after school?" She asked interested.

" Um I've or homework but nothing much after that." I said confused.

" Do you want to me my TA? You'll get extra credit not that you need it." She said shyly. " I don't really want anyone else it would be weird." She shrugged.

"Sure." I said. I don't have much to do plus I would be able to spend some more time with her since she avoids me at home.

The day passed by quickly and I let Nikki know I would be a TA it means Teachers Assistant if I haven't mentioned it. 

I knocked on the door. I was definitely feeling my hands getting clammy. I was breaking a sweat and I wasn't even running. There's no doubt this woman makes me extremely nervous and she makes me act out of character.

" Come in." I heard

I walked in and I saw her sitting there. Looking as mesmerizing as usual. She was behind her desk and held her pen between her fingers and twirled it. She was wearing a flattering black pencil skirt that went just above the knees and white button up. She wore a blazer today but currently hung on her chair. She had her legs crossed which made her skirt ride up just a little. It was enough to send my heartbeat into shock. She was just so beautiful it was hard to not stare but I forced myself to look away.

"Scoot a chair over. You are going to help me grade." She began.

She gave me a pile of papers and the answer key. We sat in silence for about ten minutes. I couldn't help it I need to break this silence. I found myself staring again memorizing her beautiful face features. I wondered what ethnicity she was. She was definitely like Asian or something I don't know she wasn't like Nikki. So maybe some kind of native.

" You're staring." She said without looking up.

" Sorry- I trailed off. I-I was just wondering what your background is. Native? I asked nervously.

She finally looked up and curled her lips into a half smile. " Yes sorta. I'm Hawaiian." She smiled now.

" Can I ask you a personal question?"

" Depends on what it is. I may or may not answer it." She leaned back and crossed her arms and legs.

" How did you meet my brother? He's not exactly man of the year and you are the opposite of him. I mean don't get me wrong I love my brother and I want the best for him but you don't seem like the type to want to be with someone like my brother."

She sat there probably thinking about what to say. " Um is complicated I guess. He is what I need right now." She seemed indifferent about the question. I couldn't really understand her answer at all.

" Can I ask you something?" She asked as she kept grading papers.

" Sure."

" You where  lying when you said nothing happened when you where young didn't you?" She now stopped and looked at me straight in my eyes.

My heart sunk. I did not want to talk about this but why did she want to know and how did she suspect that something happened?  She must have noticed my face.

" You don't have to answer if you don't want to." She quickly added.

There was a moment of silence while we starred at each other.

" I um. I don't know where to start." I don't know where that came from but I think my heart wants to tell her. She makes me feel safe.

I hear the bell ring. I stand up and start packing. I don't say anything till I walk out the room. " I'll see you at home Miss Scarlet."

Talk about saved by the bell. Was I really just about to tell her my story? I was really confused at what I was feeling.