➣ twenty-two.

022. | JUST KEEP BREATHIN

Mal dropped me off beside Ben as he climbed onto the deck of the ship. Both of us were soaking wet, but it we were both relieved that it was finally over. I ran over to Ben and hugged him, then slugged his shoulder playfully as everyone cheered.

"Good job, man," I said with a grin.

"You're not so bad yourself," he replied.

Suddenly there was another roar, and Mal flew over to us before landing on the stage. Purple smoke surrounded her again, and she transformed back into herself—only this time she looked the way she did in the stained glass window. I looked up at Mal, smiling at her, and she waved to me, the biggest smile I had ever seen spreading across her face.

So... I did not know that I could do that, she told me.

I huffed. Tell me about it. That makes two of us.

Evie ran up to Mal as she descended the stairs, then blew out a spark that was still on her dress. Then she took Mal's hand and led her over to me.

"Hi," she said to me.

"Hi," I replied.

She suddenly kissed me, and I kissed her back until Carlos broke us apart, saying in mock annoyance, "All right, all right, all right, all right."

Ben looked at Mal, my friends, and I. "I owe you guys so much," he said.

"Yeah, you do," Evie said.

"Really," Jay agreed.

"Yep," I said. "You got that right."

We all began to laugh, and Ben smiled at us before saying, "If there is anything that you need, or anything I can do for you..." He trailed off as we all looked at each other.

"Um, actually, there is, Ben," Evie said after a moment. "I know a girl who would really love to come to Auradon. It's Drizella's daughter, Dizzy. She's like a little sister to me."

"Then she should come," Ben said with a nod.

"Also, um..." I spoke up. "Our friend Harley, daughter of the Queen of Hearts? Remember her?" When Ben nodded, I went on, "She risked everything trying to get us back safely. We wouldn't be here if it weren't for her, and I was just... She would really love it here."

"Definitely," Ben said.

"Okay, okay, great!" Evie nodded. "Actually, um..." She broke off as everyone laughed. "Ben, there's a lot of kids who would really love it here in Auradon. Kids just like us, who also deserve a second chance. Can I maybe... get you a list?"

"Yes, yes!" Ben nodded. "Absolutely, please."

Everyone cheered again, and then one of the attendants came up to Mal and I.

"M'lady Mal, we found your spell book below deck," he said, handing it to her. "Uma had it."

"Oh, um..." Mal tapped the book, looking at me before saying, "You know, this seems like the kind of thing that belongs in the hands of Fairy Godmother. Fairy Godmother?"