➣ eleven.

011. | CORONATION DAY

Ben's coronation was a huge celebration. Everyone in Auradon packed the streets, waving flags and cheering Ben on as he and Mal rode down the street in the royal carriage.

Evie, Jay, Carlos, and I were in the crowd, watching the two as they talked. Evie had designed my dress for that day: a shimmering green dress with silver and gold embellishments, which was a big change in style compared to the tomboyish shades of green I usually wore. But I did love it, and I had straightened my hair for the event as well.

"What do you think Mal will tell him about me?" I asked Evie.

"She said that after she breaks the spell, she'll tell him she's in love with you," Evie said. "But she hopes that she can still be friends with him."

"I can imagine," I said. "He's the reason why we're here in the first place."

Evie just gave me a look, the expression in her eyes telling me more than words could ever say.

Once the parade had ended, we all went inside for the coronation. Mal was up front, while my friends and I were on the balcony watching them. Everyone was more than happy to be there, but the tension we all felt about our plan was unbearable.

Ben knelt in front of Fairy Godmother, who put a crown on his head. Positively beaming with pride, she asked him, "Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?"

Mal, what are you doing? I asked as Mal stood there, not moving an inch. Just grab it and let's go!

Ben looked up ar Fairy Godmother with a nod. "I do solemnly swear."

Fairy Godmother smiled, tapping the wand on his shoulders. "Then it is my honor and my joy to bless our new ki–"

Before she could even finish the sentence, Jane lunged and grabbed the wand, struggling to control its power as a beam of magic shot into the air.

"Child, what are you doing?!" Fairy Godmother shouted.

Jane was whipped back and forth with the power of the wand, but kept a firm grip on it as she yelled, "If you won't make me beautiful, I'll do it myself! Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!"

Mal had told me that she had reverted Jane's hair back to its original state, but I never thought that she'd be so drastic as to try and use her mother's wand herself. So my friends and I ran down to the main floor, ignoring Beast's call to take cover.

Then, I saw Mal grab the wand from Jane and hold it up, pointing it at Ben. We all ran up to her, gathering behind her as we prepared to run.

Ben slowly walked towards Mal, holding out his hand. "Mal, give me the wand."

Mal shook her head. "Stand back."

"It's okay," Ben said, still moving towards her.

"Ben, I said stand back!" Mal shouted, causing everyone in the crowd to gasp.

"I told you so!" Audrey shouted, only to have Mal point the wand at her.

Carlos put his hand on Mal's shoulders. "Let's go!"