Chapter 21

Angelize saw the target was on move on the mainroad. Calculating her speed, she was definitely going by car. 20 meters per second.

Her location tracer was still functioning fine. They hadn't discovered it yet.

In case of any tampering, it will give a specific signal before self-destruction. And it will take experts hands to suppress that signal from emerging.

The tracer would self-destruct anyway after two days, eradicating all the evidences to her so she only had 48 hours to get a clue and to come to a conclusion. She expected to discover some clues to identify that spy. Like her residence. Later she could probe into the spy background to find links to any of the organization.

However what she discovered was complete rebuttal of her expectations.

After two and a half hour the signals abruptly vanished in thin air leaving Angelize in utter stupefaction.

Her hands trembled slightly as she stared at the screen with wide eyes and startled expressions.

***********************************************

Angelze monitored the whole night. But the signal never returned. Next two days, she took a tablet with her in college but still there was no sign of any signal.

Third day, after exactly 48 hours, when she took out her tablet in restroom in college to monitor any detection and there was still no sign of any signal, her eyebrows furrowed as she contemplated silently.

"Angelize why do you keep staring at your tablets these days", Sarah asked casually once getting out of toilet and finding Angelize leaning against a wall and frowning deeply.

Not expecting an answer due to Angelize characteristic lack of any response regarding her personal life and personal worries, Sarah walked to wash her hands.

Abruptly Angelize voice said: "If I say I'm trying to pinpoint a spy, hired by a mysterious and patently dangerous organization, who has been tracking me down for the past few months potentially aiming at killing me, would you believe me?", her voice was calm and she didn't look up, engrossed in doing some business on her tablet as her fingers swept across the touchpad unperturbed.

Sarah froze and craned her neck to gape at Angelize.

"You are joking...", Sarah chuckled nervously then asked in a chocked voice: "Right?"

Joking and Angelize. That was a weird combination because Angelize never joked.

"Of course I'm". After putting her tablet in her pocket, seemingly done with whatever business she was doing on it, Angelize smiled at Sarah.

Sarah visibly sighed in relief, wiping off streaks of sweat from her forehead.

"For a moment I thought you were serious", then she berated Angelize, "Angelize you're reading too much detective novels. You should better pay attention to next month assignment!"

How ridiculous was it.

Getting chased by a spy?

From some dangerous organization?

Sarah laughed at herself for getting a minor heart attack at such a joke!

When Angelize observed Sarah expressions, she felt a bit lonely. She realized how different she was from an average teenager. There was no one with whom she could share her chaotic life.

Sarah considered Angelize her best friend and although Angelize liked her, there was a lot she hadn't told Sarah about herself. In fact Sarah knew nothing about her.