Chapter 10

Imperial College main building was prodigious. The upper some floors of the building consisted of many spare surplus rooms. Grabbing Sarah hand, who ran clumsily and staggered alongside Angelize, she made her way to the top of that imposing building.

"S-Stop!", Sarah stuttered once at the top. Her head was hurt pretty bad and a thin streak of crimson blood was trickling down. But it wasn't that bad to seek medical attention. Just a couple of ice packs and it would be fine. Through her experience in the streets, Angelize could tell.

Sarah leaned against the wall and gathered her breath while Angelize didn't break a sweat. It was as if she hasn't raced through corridors and darted through long stairs while simultaneously pulling a stumbling Sarah with her.

Unlike most of the teenagers, Angelize could run for kilometers non-stop with her agile and swift movements.

Angelize glanced around.

The corridors were empty. This place was an ideal spot for the couples of college to skip classes and sneak away to make out. But classes had already ended and there wasn't a single soul. One could hear his own heartbeats in the deafening silence.

Once in that pin-drop silence, they heard a lot of heavy steps headed up through stairs.

Sarah looked at Angelize with terrified eyes. "Angelize forget me. Just go on. They are after you. I'll only slow you down!"

It had been Angelize who has been dragging her all the way to top. And with her injury and exhaustion, she won't be able to keep pace with Angelize.

Angelize rolled her eyes.

If it wasn't for Sarah safety, who would run like a chicken from those insignificant insects.

Because it would have been difficult for Angelize to hold them if six or seven of those boys were to come at her at once.

"Stop being that sentimental. I'm telling you, they can't touch a single hair of us", Angelize said impassively, "Earlier I didn't expect Zayden to make such a coward move. That's why he was able to hurt you"

And there was a student recording them. Otherwise Angelize would have beaten him to pulp. And possibly crippled him.

"You can't just fight so many of them!", Sarah clashed with her, holding Angelize arms and slightly shaking her in her panic. She was surprised to see her strength earlier. But then, there was only three of them and now there would be at least seven of them.

No matter how many tricks Angelize had leaned, she possibly couldn't fight with so many of them!

"Relax a little. Everything is under control", Angelize held Sarah arm that was holding her tightly and tried to allay her panic.

"Nothing is under control", her breathing was ragged out of panic as she threw away Angelize hands agitated.

She felt more unsettled to see a calm look on Angelize face.

As they heard footsteps becoming louder, Sarah eyes grew terrified. Her face paled. Her thoughts ran frantic with fear as she stomped in circles mumbling "What do we do now. What do we do now. What do we..."

It was the last floor so they couldn't climb any further and all the rooms were locked.

That was the deadend.

She was at the verge of tears.

Angelize sighed and drew out a pin from Sarah hair. Her reddish brown hair fell down. Angelize had never noticed it earlier but Sarah had captivating looks with a round baby face. Specially with her hair down, she looked gorgeous.