3 ... jealous

❝ 𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝘀 𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗮 𝘄𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗷𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗼𝘂𝘀𝘆 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗵𝗶𝗺. ❞

my bestfriend's
boyfriend
3

The bell rang, signifying that lunch was over and if we weren't in class by the second bell, we're in trouble. That is why I'm always prepared to be packed and ready to go early so I'm never late. Detention is somewhere I do not want to end up.

Just the thought makes me cringe.

I whined, realizing my next class was gym. My weakest subject in school besides my social life.

"Why the sad pout, beautiful?" Brett beside me questioned as I lifted my head from the wooden library table. Grabbing my things quickly, I stood.

I scoffed when he called me beautiful.

"I have gym next and weren't you supposed to
leave me alone after I agreed to hang with you?"

"Guess we both forgot, so gym you say? Me too."

I groaned tiredly.

"What's so bad about gym? I love gym," He shrugged casually and grabbed his backpack from the back of his chair, slinging it over his shoulder. I scoffed.

"Easy for you to say," I uttered, glancing at his chest where I knew rock-hard abs and muscles were placed.

"Looking like this didn't come easy, you know. It takes time. And, it can't be that bad. It's just—"

"I'm a weak person. Get the picture?" I rolled my eyes slightly, leaving the library with Brett following close behind. "You're not weak." He assured me.

"We've only been talking for 45 minutes.
You still don't know me."

Taking out my phone, I texted Scarlett letting her know I was fine and that I just went to the library.

Whenever I'm upset, Scarlet knew not to come find me. She knew I just needed to be alone for a while. Anyone would think, what kind of a best friend does that? But, I appreciated Scar for respecting want I wanted. She knew I'd call her if I needed her.

But Brett didn't get the picture.

"That is why I want to get to know you better. Hey, I'm just the new guy, in a new school trying to make a new friend. Is that so bad?" He fell in beside me.

"No, I didn't say it was bad. Just why me?"

"For starters, we bumped into each other which could be saying something. Plus, you're the only person I've met all day who hasn't been acting as if they've never seen a new kid before," he shrugged.

I bit my lip, glancing at the ground.

"Sorry. That must be hard."

"Yeah, well. What can we do?"

"Anyway, can I just say? I'm sure you're not THAT weak," He stretched out the word ' That '.

"You wouldn't be surprised."

Our walk continued down the busy hallway until a large arm swooped me up with ease from behind. I squealed out of reaction. I squirmed against the tight hold, confused out of my mind as the kidnapper carried me over their shoulder and brought me in the opposite direction of where I was headed.

"Put me down!" I demanded breathlessly.

My fighting became tiresome after some time.

"Damon?!" I guessed by the decorative backpack on the shoulder I wasn't being carried on and the strong vanilla scent that suddenly washed over my nose.