He looked absolutely edible in a black Armani suit, black shirt with one button open, hinting at a perfect, toned chest, and patent black loafers. She couldn’t help but look at him.

He burst out laughing, “You’ve been staring at me for this entire journey! Do I have something stuck in my teeth?” he sucked his gums.

Wait, they were in the car? She hadn’t even noticed, she had been too busy lusting after him.

She blushed, “No. Sorry, I was just daydreaming.”

He wiggled his eyebrows, “About what?”

She turned a dark shade of pink, and looked downwards.

“I’m teasing.” He grinned

“I’ve had enough of your teasing to last me an entire lifetime Blake Goldstein.”

He chuckled, “Remember when James and I locked you in the cupboard underneath your stairs for two hours when you were 6? That was priceless!”

She scowled and the smile fell from his face, “Of course, it was totally unforgivable and James’ idea entirely.”

“You know I thought there was a monster in there? I was scared of the dark for ages afterwards.”

He smiled weakly, “I used to rock you to sleep remember?”

Amelia caught her breath. She remembered how he would hold her on the sofa when she was tired, rocking her gently, before she fell asleep in his arms.

She longed to be there again, longed to smell him, touch him and be with him.

“Daydreaming again are we?” Blake grinned

She shook her head, “Sorry, miles away.”

“No matter, we’ve arrived anyway,” he smiled, “Here you are.” He handed her a pair of black sunglasses.

“What are these for?” she enquired

“I didn’t know whether you’d contracted photo-sensitive epilepsy in the last 21 years?”

“No, I’m absolutely fine. Thank God.” She laughed and slipped on the sunglasses, “MI5 agent in training, huh?”

“Very suave.” He grinned, putting on his similar sunglasses.

Amelia drooled. He looked totally sexy, the picture of confidence. The business like aura seemed to be floating off him in waves.

He came around to the passenger side of the car, letting her out and she was met by flashes, shouts and screams.

Keeping her head down, Amelia was lead through the crowds of reporters and journalists, Blake’s hand firmly around her waist. She felt tingles up and down her spine at even the touch of his hand.

“Wow,” she sighed, looking out of the window, taking off the glasses and slipping them into her purse, “Is all of that for you?”

“Pretty much.” She felt his breath against her neck and her whole body stiffened, “Are you ready?”

“Yeah, sure, that’s fine.” She smiled

He hooked his arm around hers and led her into the large, beautiful ballroom, filled with crowds of important looking people.

“Goldstein!” a large arm patted him on the back. He rolled his eyes and turned around.

“Rob, hi!” he greeted, putting on one of his fake smiles

Amelia left his side, sauntering over to a side table to get a glass of champagne, she admired the beautiful ballroom. She had never seen anything like it in her life. Of course, she had attended a few parties but nothing of this grandeur. She quickly returned to Blake’s side before she could become lost.