“Yes, isn’t it wonderful?!” Amelia squealed

“Yes, darling, that’s really great.” Her mother smiled

“You’ll have to excuse me. There’s a company ball tonight and I’ve been invited, so I must get ready.”

Her father smiled, “Okay Cookie, we’ll see you later.”

Amelia almost skipped to her room in anticipation.

Time to get ready.

****

Blake Goldstein stood at the Crawford’s front door. Looking down at his watch, he noted the time as 6:58pm.

He had been sitting in his car for 15 minutes now, “eager” to see Amelia again. It had taken him over 10 minutes after the interview to “calm himself down” and he couldn’t even think straight when it came to figures. Everything always came back to her.

He was extremely impressed with her curriculum vitae. She had attended Oxford University, graduated with a First Class Honours in Economic and Business Studies and she had experience in France, California, New York and Dubai. That would explain her sun-kissed skin, he thought.

With glowing references, she was the perfect candidate and he hadn’t even bothered with the other applicants.

There was also the fact that she was as hot as hell.

Blake carefully and cautiously knocked on the door and Amelia’s father opened it with a wide smile crossing his face.

“Blake! How nice to see you after all of these years! Amelia said she was expecting you at 7:00pm. Do come in. Can I interest you in a coffee, or perhaps a brandy?”

“Hello Mr Crawford. No thank you and it’s great to see you too.” He shook his hand and smiled politely, stepping into the house.

“Now, what’s all this Mr Crawford nonsense? Call me Robert, Blake, I insist.”

Blake smiled, “Of course Mr Crawford—I mean... Robert.”

“Amelia has been talking about you non-stop all afternoon.” Robert grinned, giving Blake a suggestive wink.

Blake nodded nonchalantly.

She had? Because he couldn’t stop thinking about her: her eyes, her smile, her hair, her perfect lips, not all day. He had missed her no-end.

“Ah,” her father smiled, looking towards the staircase, “Talk of the devil.”

Amelia stepped down the stairs in a beautiful lacy black cocktail dress, perfectly complimenting her figure. Her hair was pinned back into a bun with a cascading wavy fringe, tucked behind one ear. The little makeup that she wore was flawless, complimented with a black clutch purse and small black stilettos.

Blake gulped, his eyes resting firmly on her cleavage.

She smiled that show-stopping smile and he had to stop himself from collapsing on the spot. He raised her hand and kissed it, looking upwards, falling into her beautiful icy blue eyes.

“Good evening Blakey.” She winked

“Good evening Amz,” he countered, causing her to roll her eyes, she hated when he called her that!, “You look beautiful by the way.”

“Thank You.” She replied

“Are you ready to go?” he asked

“Sure,” she smiled, “Bye Dad. Have a nice evening.”

Robert grinned, “See you later Cookie. Have a nice time.”

Amelia licked her lips as Blake led her to the car. Every nerve in her body was on edge.