"See, Hazel, I know a lot of people," He began, "I've met a lot of people, I'm friends with a lot of people-"

"Yeah, yeah, I get it, you have a life. Stop bragging," She cut him off, and smiling at the sound of him chuckling.

"What I'm trying to say is," Luke continued, "That you're different from all those people. You're different. I like different."

"You're weird," Hazel laughed, "I like weird."

"I guess we like each other then," He said, and Hazel could literally hear him smirking.

"I guess we do," She nodded, biting on her bottom lip.

Silence overcame them, but Hazel didn't mind as she was so intrigued by the sound of Luke's steady breathing. She yawned loudly, rubbing her eyes sleepily again.

"Are you going to fall asleep right now?" Luke laughed lightly, as he heard her yawn once more.

"I'm just a bit tired, but I'm pretty sure I won't fall asleep," Hazel assured him.

"So what're you doing tomorrow?" He randomly asked, "I mean today, you know, since it's four am and stuff."

"I don't know," She replied, "I'm probably just going to go on netflix and watch movies and eat."

"But, Hazel," Luke rolled his eyes, chuckling, "You do that, like, every day. Want to do something else?"

"Like what?"

"Do you want to go out?" Luke asked nervously, catching her totally off-guard. Her eyes widened, and she sat up, her heartbeat increasing massively.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" Hazel asked, trying very hard to keep a smile from tugging upon her lips even though nobody could see her.

"Well, since Allison broke up with me on the phone and I know that Michael isn't your official boyfriend, then yes, I am asking you out on date," Luke said almost instantly.

"Wait," Hazel stopped him, "Is that why you can't sleep? Is it because Allison broke up with you?"

"Yeah," He whispered.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," Hazel said to him, sort of surprised with the news, "But why? What did she tell you?"

"She didn't say anything," Luke said sadly, "And it hurts, you know. It hurts knowing that I'm not even worth an explanation."

"I know how you feel," Hazel nodded, "But it's okay. Allison is obviously too dumb to see and realize how great you are, Luke."

He didn't reply, instead, he just kept silent, and then Hazel felt her heart shatter when she heard him hiccup, and then sob.

"Luke, don't cry, please don't," Hazel begged, "Do you want to come over?"

-

Less than twenty minutes later, Hazel and Luke were both sat on her couch, with a blanket wrapped around Luke's body and her sitting the opposite side, watching him sip his hot chocolate.

He hadn't said a word since he came, but he didn't cry either, he just sat there, staring at the ground.

"Luke," Hazel interrupted the silence, "Please answer me."

He looked up, sharing eye contact with her for a few seconds before speaking up, "I just feel very sad right now."

"You don't deserve to feel sad," Hazel spoke honestly, "You don't ever deserve to be down or feel unwanted. Please don't let what Allison had done get to you, she was never worth your time, and she has no idea how lucky she was when she had you."

"I don't feel any better," He admitted.

"Well I don't know what I'm supposed to say," She sighed, "You're an amazing guy, Luke and she didn't deserve you."

"Can I have a hug?" He looked up at her, setting the mug on the coffee table in front of him. Hazel didn't even think twice, and instantaneously wrapped both his arms around him.

"And Luke," Hazel said after pulling away, "Yes."

"What do you mean, yes?" Luke asked, confused.

"Yes, I will go on a date with you."

idk man let's just laugh at my attempt at writing an emotional chapter

can you pleaaaaase pleaaase pleeease tell everyone you know who used to read condom before i deleted it bc like a lot of people had deleted it from their libraries and it would mean a lot

luke is now single and is pretty sad about his break up but like isn't very very very emotional about it bc he's actually in love with you