0.7

for those who don't know, i posted a re-written version of chapter six. so please go check that out before reading this chapter, also read the 'please read' chapter i posted after chapter six because there i've explained why i decided to re-write the chapter.

also, early update because this hit 180k woo hoo!!1!!11!1!!!!

Hazel

A loud buzz was released from her phone, making her aware that a text message was received. Hazel swiped the screen and speedily entered in her passcode, then scrolled through her messages, to see a new one from her father, asking how she has been, and that he'll be home soon. After quickly texting in a reply, Hazel turned off her phone and prepared herself for a seemingly endless and miserably boring shift at the supermarket.

The feculent and out-of-date bulbs used for lighting caught her eye, and a bright idea popped into her head. Instead of just standing there, wishing for something entertaining to happen, Hazel would occupy herself by changing the bulbs. Hazel wasn't sure whether bulbs expired or not, and she figured not because they haven't even been used yet, so she briskly walked towards the aisle where she could find bulbs to use.

She used the cheapest bulbs, the incandescent bulbs, since that's what the supermarket was; cheap. Hazel ran to the storage room where she got one of those stepladders. Hazel struggled to carry the heavy ladder to the middle of the room, where she was going to change the first bulb. After grabbing a small box that safely held a bulb, Hazel climbed up the few ladders before reaching the bulb that was very high off the ground.

She carefully unscrewed it, then placed it at the top ladder step. Next, she opened up the small box and took out an insanitary-looking, unused bulb.

"That'll have to do for now," Hazel said to herself, before screwing it in and watching the bulb slowly light up. She smiled at her very small and unimportant achievement, and then repeated the same steps to several different bulbs.

Hazel went down the ladder, grabbed a box and climbed up once more, now determined to actually put an effort at making the supermarket a bit more presentable, despite the fact that barely anybody came.

She was in the middle of unscrewing a bulb when the door chime rang, startling her. "Fuck," she muttered, as she regained her balance but let go of the bulb, making the glass shatter loudly across the tiles on the ground.

"You should be more careful next time," she heard somebody speak, and she turned her head to see Luke standing there, smirking. She sighed loudly in annoyance and began climbing down.

She stepped onto the ground and span on her heel, only to be faced by Luke, who was standing very close to Hazel. Had anyone else been that close, she would have felt her personal space being invaded, but in this case, the smell of his cologne and his close proximity increased her pulse.

"Hi," whispered Luke, smiling at Hazel. She just rolled her eyes and stepped away from him and walked towards one of the cleaning brooms.

"Need anything?" asked Hazel as she slowly swept away the pieces of glass that was scattered randomly across the floor.

"Oh, um, wait," Luke said, quickly running into one of the aisles, vigilant not to step on the broken pieces of glass, making Hazel roll her eyes once more.

After cleaning up the ground and returning the stepladder, Hazel waited behind the counter. Luke made his way towards the cashier and placed a box of condoms, awaiting Hazel to do her job.

"How many boxes of condoms do you need? You literally buy like three boxes every week," Hazel sighed, scanning the box.

"I guess I have a problem," Luke shrugged, his smirk still drawn obnoxiously on his face.

"You don't say?" Hazel laughed, giving him the box in a plastic bag. He placed a few bills on the counter and waited for his change silently.

Luke crossed his arms over his chest and huffed, "Well, you're one to talk, I mean, you eat packs of expired potato chips when you're hungry."

"At least I don't bang people for fun," countered Hazel, mimicking his actions by crossing her arms over her chest as well.

"It's okay if the person I am banging is my girlfriend," He was quick to point out, but she just shook her head disapprovingly.

Silence took over immediately after that, leaving both of them unsure of what to say. It was awkward, to say the least. Hazel was busy trying to work the inferior cash register the supermarket had, and Luke just stood there, watching her very intently.

"I'm sorry," Luke whispered out of nowhere, looking down at the ground.

"For what?" Hazel tilted her head, confused as to why he was apologizing to her.

Luke exhaled deeply, "For, um, failing at the attempt to kiss you. I don't know why I wanted to do it at that moment, but I regret it now because I feel that things are going to be awkward from now on."

"No, no," Hazel tried to reassure him, "It's alright, I mean, sometimes I get the feeling that I want to kiss you-"

"Wait, what?" Luke raised an eyebrow, causing Hazel to immediately cover her lips, as if it were to stop her from blurting out things unintentionally.

"I was not supposed to say that," She said, mostly to herself, in regret. Hazel didn't have feelings for Luke, as she was busy fantasizing about her and Michael kissing or something most of the time, and she didn't want Luke to think that she liked him, because she most certainly didn't. At least, that's what she thinks.

"Go have fun with Allison," Hazel smiled crookedly at him as she handed him the plastic bag that had all the box of condoms.

"Thanks," Luke nodded, "I should probably give you one so you can have with Michael."

"No, Michael and I haven't even kissed yet, so I doubt any of that would be happening soon," Hazel shook her head.

"Well, if you need any, let's just say I've got you covered," Luke laughed loudly at his pun, but Hazel just stood there, admiring him.

"Bye," she replied whispering, as she watched him near the door. He held the handle in his grasp before turning his head to face Hazel and smiling widely at her, then leaving.

-

i dont really anything important to say so yeah el oh el

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GETTING THIS RANKED #7 IN FAN-FICTION & #29 IN TEEN FICTION IDK THIS IS SO OVERWHELMING AND.. IDK WEIRD?????

but thank you so so so so so so ps osodosososospossososoososossoospssoo much!