1.6

i was going to make this a really dramatic chapter and i was going to make luke tell hazel why he bought a shitload of condoms but i changed my mind and decided to take things a bit slower and make u lazel shippers suffer i am so nice and also sorry for the lack of updates recently

"Michael, as much as I'd like to stay, I really have to go," She sighed, getting up, and then groaned as she felt her arm being pulled down by his, making her sit back down on the couch.

"Just stay until the movie ends," pleaded Michael, pouting his lips.

"I really would, Mikey, but it's nearly midnight," Hazel rubbed her eyes sleepily, "Plus, I have work tomorrow."

"No, you don't," He rolled his eyes, grabbing the television remote and pausing the film that was playing, "Tomorrow's friday, stupid."

"Oh," Hazel said, desperately trying to think of another excuse. It's not that she didn't want to spend more time with Michael, because she did, but things just didn't feel right, and she felt very uncomfortable. Mainly because Luke was sat on a kitchen stool, which was just a few feet away, and it felt a bit weird knowing that he was able to watch their every move. 

"You seem a bit tired, do you want me to make you a cup of tea?" Michael offered, smiling. She gave in, nodding as he stood up and briskly walked past Luke and to the kitchen. 

She sneezed loudly, then heard somebody clear their throat behind her, which was obviously Luke, but she still whipped her head to the side, both of them exchanging eye contact for a few seconds before she turned away from him.

"Are you feeling any better?" Luke asked, and she noticed that he had gotten up from the stool and now was walking slowly towards the couch, then hesitantly flopping down on it next her. 

Hazel was actually feeling a lot better. She just had a slight cold, and her nose was still runny, but she felt a bit more energetic and wasn't as lazy, but it didn't really help that she still on her period. She simply nodded in response, wiping her nose with a tissue. "Have you taken your pills?" Luke continued to question further. 

That was when Hazel realized that she hadn't taken her pills that day, making her get up instantly as she said, "I haven't. I'll go look for my purse, wait." 

Luke sighed, pulling her down, "No, you're still clearly ill, Hazel, I'll get them for you." 

Hazel didn't even bother protesting because Luke literally ran out of the room, making her exhale deeply and sit back down. Even though Luke was actually quite strange, you know, since he was actually being thoughtful for once, Hazel didn't say anything. It felt sort of nice knowing that it wasn't as awkward between them any more, especially after that hug they've exchanged, where Luke had apologized for what he had done.

Their apartment was rather quiet, since Calum was in his bedroom, doing god knows what, and Ashton had left to go visit his girlfriend, Emily. Michael and Hazel had hung out in his room for several minutes before he suggested watching a movie, which they had paused minutes ago, and Luke, well, he was just sitting on the kitchen stool, eating something, until he had ran out of the room to get her pills. 

"Found it!" She heard somebody yell from another room, and in Luke came, waving her purse around in excitement, and then handing it to her. 

"Thanks," Hazel answered, taking the bottle out of her bag.

"I'll get you a glass of water," Luke said as he dashed out of the room and into the kitchen, then out with some water and placing it on the small table in front of the couch.

She took her pills, and couldn't help but notice Luke silently stare, which made her nervous, but she would never admit that. Luke's phone began vibrating in his pocket, and she watched as he take out and stare at the caller ID, then he turned to Hazel saying, "I need to take this, I'll be right back." 

Hazel nodded and watched him get up and press the phone to his her as he answered, "Hi Allison."

(i was literally going to end the chapter here bc i was too lazy to continue)

Once Luke's door was shut, Hazel could hear Michael from the kitchen, singing loudly to himself, and then she saw him unhurriedly walking towards her with a big smile on his face, a cup held tightly in his grasp. "Here you go," smiled Michael, sitting next to her. 

"Thank you," Hazel said, taking a sip from it, which relaxed her throat.

"Now, let's continue this movie, shall we?" Michael grinned, wrapping an arm around Hazel as he pressed play.

-

"God dammit, Michael," groaned Hazel.

The movie had just ended and Michael had fallen asleep, which surprised her because he wasn't even snoring. Hazel had always pictured and imagined him snoring in his sleep, not that she has ever imagined him sleeping or anything. Both of her arms were wrapped tightly around Hazel, which made it very hard for her to move. 

When she had finally managed to untangle herself from him, she got up, exhaling as she straightened out her clothes. Only the kitchen light was switched on, and she was almost sure that everybody in the house was asleep. A yawn escaped her lips as she put on her flats on. The sound of a door being shut startled here, and her eyes widened when Luke came in view. It wasn't only him that made her eyes widen, oh no, it was the fact that he was shirtless.

"Hey," Luke said, confused, "I didn't know you were still here."

"The movie just ended, and Michael might've fell asleep on me," Hazel answered, getting up.

"Typical," He chuckled.

"How come you're still awake?" She questioned, tilting her head.

"Couldn't sleep," He answered simply, "Come on, I'll walk you out."

His hand was placed on her back as both of them walked slowly to the door, and Hazel would be lying if she told you that she didn't like that, because she really did. Luke swung the door open, and she quietly walked out.

"Drive carefully, alright?" He sighed, rubbing his eyes.

She nodded, "And please go to sleep, I can tell that you're tired."

"I will," He assured her, and just as Hazel turned around, he seized her by the wrist before pulling her against him. His arms were wrapped tightly around her, shielding her from anything and everything, keeping her safe and warm, quiet, no need for words, just a gentle acceptance of the woman she was at that moment; a standing-hug was the most wonderful thing she could have asked for after a long day, and knowing it was from Luke made it better. 

"I'm sorry," was the first thing Luke said when he pulled away, "I'm really, really sorry." 

Hazel breathed out a small laugh, "Luke, it's okay. The fight was pretty stupid anyway, and it wasn't even that big of a deal."

"I know," He scratched the back of his neck, "But you were really hurt by what i've done and said, and you can't even begin to imagine how bad I feel."

"Well, stop feeling bad," She giggled, rolling her eyes.

"Good night, Hazel," Luke smiled, pressing a soft kiss on her cheek, making her heart beat immediately increase.

"Good night."

 ✷

ok i have this feeling that this book is getting so boring and just wow idk how i feel about this book anymore

bUT ANYWAY U SHOULD CHECK OUT MY NEW ASHTON FANFIC CALLED "HEARTS" BC I THINK IT'S PRETTY COOL (if u dont ill stab u in the middle of the night xxxxx)

um like u can follow me on twitter if u want idk u probably don't but you should anyway my twitter is @stylins0nn 

and also i luv mac and cheese more than i luv u sorrynotsorry actually i luv u more than mac and cheese bc mac and cheese makes me fat and u guys dont, u guys make me happy and so does mac and cheese but you guys make me happIER do u see what i did there i am literally so cool i luv myself yeah ok bye