0.1

Hazel

A sigh escaped her lips as her fingers ran through her messy dirty blonde hair, untangling the strands as she did so. Her large, brown eyes were fixed on the clock, which was hung on the lavatory tiles that encrusted coats of the remains of dirty liquid; it probably had the incorrect timing but she still wished that somehow it would miraculously speed up.

It seemed as if her three hour shift had lasted for days; everyday was a slow day at the supermarket Hazel worked in: people barely came. It was mainly because the products here not only were way past their expiry dates, but the place was old, dirty and miserable.

Hazel would often ask herself why the hell she decided to get a job there, but it wasn't like she had any other choice. Besides, she got paid for just standing behind the counter for a few hours whilst singing loudly off-key, and sometimes even getting a book to read. Yes, any human being with a proper functioning brain would rather be reading, or doing anything in fact, in a clean environment with clear lighting, or maybe on a soft bed, but Hazel didn't really mind. She enjoyed having a few hours of silence to herself; she was used to the eerie silence that often took over. It may not sound very pleasant to many people, but Hazel was unlike others.

Today was one of Hazel's unlucky days, she had a sore throat, meaning that it hurt to sing and distract herself, she had forgotten to get a good book, and was hungry. She just stood there, awaiting some sort of excitement to pop out of nowhere. After a while, she had grown even more bored, if that was even possible, and immediately headed towards one of the aisles, secretly snatching a packet of chips and running back to the cash register. She opened the pack, allowing the slightly horrible, greasy smell of the crisped potato chips to fill her nose.

The packet was obviously a few days after its expiry date, but Hazel honestly couldn't care less. She was one of those girls with big appetites, and when she was hungry, she needed her food. The chips would probably give her stomach aches and diarrhea for a few days, and that may have been her plan the whole time. I mean, she already had a sore throat, she might as well add on a few more sicknesses so that she could skip a few days of work.

Her boss was a fifty year old man with a grey beard and a bald head, he usually had a cigarette in mouth and didn't give a shit what Hazel did. She could skip her shifts and have sex on the counter and he wouldn't mind. The only reason she even bothered showing up to her shifts was because her father forced her to.

Hazel chewed on the chip pieces, which previously used to be crunchy and crispy, when the packet was advised to be eaten. The slight crunching sound, made by Hazel who softly ate the chips, was the only thing heard, other than the constant buzzing-like noise of the old, fluorescent lights, that obviously needed to be changed. She was startled when hearing the door chime ring, but instantaneously straightened her posture, watching as a blonde-headed boy walked in, paying no attention to Hazel, who had politely greeted him once he had entered.

In a matter of seconds, he had disappeared into one of the aisles, and the boredom Hazel despised returned. Her chin rested on the cash register as her fingernails tapped on the dusty counter, humming softly to the rhythm she had created. Her throat didn't hurt as much as it did when singing, so humming seemed to distract her for that time.

Hazel heard somebody clear their throat, and she quickly got back into her professional position, her brown eyes meeting an unfamiliar shade of blue. The boy disrespectfully slid a box of - you guessed it - large condoms on the counter, waiting for Hazel to do her job.

"Excuse me, sir, but are you sure these are the correct size?" Hazel asked, and the boy probably thought she was being rude, when in reality she was being cautious. Even though the supermarket was shit, it was part of their policy to always be sure that the costumers got what they wanted accurately. So in this case, it was the condom size.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's right," the boy rolled his eyes, before a smirk was drawn along his lips, "Unless you want to check, that is."

"No thanks," Hazel fake smiled, trying to hide her disgust, "I think I've seen enough small dicks."

"Whoa, you watch porn?" the boy as asked, dropping his jaw as if he were surprised. Hazel hated rude costumers, they always came in thinking that they were better than the rest.

"You're disgusting," Hazel commented, before scanning the box of condoms.

"I was just kidding, chill," the boy put his hands up in surrender, acting as if nothing had just happened, "Oh, and I advise you to throw that pack of chips away, unless you want to get weeks of diarrhea."

Hazel laughed, but it was no where near sincere, "Since we're giving advices to each other, I advise you to get a box of smaller condoms, unless you want the condom to slip inside the girl's vagina whilst you fuck her."

The boy scrunched his nose in disgust, "And you're calling me disgusting, what on earth goes on in that head of yours?"

"Oh, trust me, you really don't want to know," Hazel responded, putting the box of condoms in a plastic bag.

The blonde boy quickly paid for the condoms and waited impatiently for Hazel to give him his change.

"You know what, keep the change," He said rudely, grabbing the plastic bag that held the box.

"Somebody's a bit too excited to go use those condoms," Hazel remarked under her breathe, watching the costumer near the exit door. She watched as he rolled his eyes and walked out, not even bothering to reply or to think of a good comeback to annoy Hazel with.

-

ok so yeah

i don't know about you but i'm excited for this

oh and the chapters will become longer over time

i was (and still am) really nervous

to post this bc i wasn't sure if anybody would like the format and the way i write and it's just akfkajdak

hazel is played by emma roberts. gif of her at the side!

dedicated to my fave person madison aka my future wife ily cutie

chips = crisps