0.4

(fuck you guys for being too cute and making me write an early update no i'm kidding ily no nvm u guys r cunts bye)

(oh this probably has like 8483848384838 typos bc i'm updating on my phone and i'm surrounded by three of my friends who wont shut up)

Hazel

Her pants seemed to increase as she continued to jog, nearing the apartment building. Worry took over as the thought of missing or being late to her date with Michael rushed through her brain.

Hazel was an absolute mess. Her medium-length blonde hair was wet and tangled, and her clothes were drenched with water, making them stick to her small body. She wouldn't be surprised if she had gotten hypothermia or something already.

Swiftly running through the small lobby, Hazel made it to the elevator just in time, receiving weird glances and stares from the other people in it as well. She rolled her eyes, muttering a swear word as she waited for the elevator to reach her floor.

She felt the elevator ascend, making her feel more anxious than she already was. Moments later, the elevator stopped at her floor. She stepped out, carefully walking and then stopping abruptly when seeing Michael at her door. He nervously ran his fingers through his hair, chewing on his bottom lips as he recited some words. It was clear that he wasn't aware of Hazel's presence just yet.

"Um, hey Hazel, you look really nice today?" he spoke to himself, before he shook his head and continued to tap nervously on the ground with his feet.

Hazel stood there, unsure of what she was supposed to do. She took a small step forward, but then slipped on her heel and fell backwards, landing with a loud thud. Michael let out a loud shriek, turning around instantaneously with wide eyes.

He placed a hand on his chest as he tried to calm himself down, then slowly walking towards Hazel and helping her to her feet.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked bluntly, but with concern.

"No, not really," Hazel laughed, hugged herself in need of warmth, "I'm really sorry for being late."

"No, it's alright," Michael nodded in understanding, smiling slightly at her, "Let's go get you cleaned up, yeah?"

Hazel nodded, digging through her purse for the apartment keys, "Oh, shit."

"What's wrong?" asked Michael, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I left the keys back in the supermarket," Hazel scratched the back of her neck.

"Is your dad inside?" he tilted his head.

"He's on a business trip," Hazel sighed in defeat.

"That's totally okay," Michael reassured her, placing both of hands on her shoulders, "We can just go back to my place."

Hazel nodded, watching as Michael took off his red flannel - which he wore all the time, if I may add - and placed it lightly over her shoulders, and then wrapping it like a blanket. She smiled at him, biting her lips.

"Let's go," he mumbled, holding her hands as they both walked to the elevator.

-

They both sat quietly in Michael's car, songs by a band, whose name Hazel was unaware of, played softly in the background. Hazel stared out of the window, resting her head on the car seat, feeling soothed by Michael's humming.

"Sorry for getting your car seat all wet," Hazel apologized for the millionth time.

"Stop apologizing, will you?" chuckled Michael, "I mean, you're wet for me already."

Hazel gasped, playfully slapping on him on his shoulder, "Michael!"

"I'm only kidding," he laughed, shaking his head.

Silence took over once more, until a song Hazel was very familiar began playing.

"Backseat Serenade, yes!" yelled Michael, "I love this song!"

Hazel's eyes widened as a few memories that had happened earlier that day replayed in her head. She remembered the little dance party she had with Luke, laughing lightly at the thought of him dancing.

Michael sang loudly, waiting for Hazel to join him, but she didn't, she was frustrated. Now, whenever somebody would play the damn song, she'd think of Luke, and she didn't like that.

Several minutes later, they had finally reached Michael's apartment. He placed his car keys on a small coffee table, and gestured Hazel to follow him.

Despite the fact both Hazel and Michael had been friends for over a year, she'd never been to his place. It was usually him coming over or them hanging out in different places. She followed behind him quietly, and then realized she was in his bedroom.

It was exactly like she had imagined it to be; the walls had band posters and pictures of girls in bikinis scattered on them, his bed was unmade and random items of clothing were thrown all over the place.

"Sorry, I wasn't really expecting visitors," he spoke, embarrassed. Hazel simply nodded, watching as he took out a shirt, boxers and a towel from one of his drawers, and then giving them to Hazel.

"The bathroom is the door opposite to this room, you can shower and then wear these," he instructed.

Hazel nodded, walking to the bathroom and locking the door immediately behind her. Unlike Michael's bedroom, his bathroom was rather neat and clean. After stripping out of her damp clothes, she stepped under the warm shower water, feeling completely relaxed.

Hazel didn't take her time showering, after all, she was supposed to be on a date with Michael, not keeping him waiting as she showered. She spent around fifteen minutes in the shower, and then five more putting on the clothes Michael had given her.

Her hair was fairly short, so she simply tied it up in a ponytail and walked out, unsure as to where Michael might be. Hazel found Michael in the living room, setting some plates on the dining table there.

"Hey," she called out, gaining his attention. He smiled warmly at her, patting one of the chairs, signaling to take a seat.

Hazel took a seat, admiring Michael's beautiful table-setting.

"I should warn you not expect anything fancy, I just ordered pizza," Michael laughed embarrassingly, scratching the back of his neck.

Hazel giggled at him knowingly, as it wasn't something unexpected from Michael Clifford. The couple sat at the dining table, exchanging a light conversation as they both waited for the pizza to arrive.

The doorbell interrupted their conversation, well more like argument, on what the best pizza topping was. Michael got up and had taken the two large boxes of pepperoni pizza after paying the very nice delivery man.

Both of them laughed at some stupid joke Hazel attempted to crack, but failed miserably at that. A loud and sudden clap of thunder shut both of them immediately, making Michael drop a pizza slice from his hand and onto the ground.

"No!" yelled Michael loudly.

"What's wrong?" Hazel asked, trying to sound calm.

"I dropped my slice of pizza," he whined, a frown stitched on his face.

"Boo hoo," sighed Hazel, biting on her bottom lip nervously, "How am I supposed to get back home if the stupid rainstorm is coming back?"

"Hey, it's alright, you can simply spend the night here," Michael smiled reassuringly, "But now, let's focus on what's really important."

"And what's that?" Hazel asked.

"My pizza slice!"

-

i ship hazel and michael ok

so yeah i'm proud of this chapter, i suppose??

but i hate myself a lot bc i updated earlier than i should've and i'm not supposed to do that wow i suck

anD JUST A BIG FAT THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT ON THIS BOOK LIKE WHAT EVEN

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou