18

Ailani bounded down the corridors of the Nemesis, destination set for the lower decks where she was certain a particular field medic still stayed.

She rounded and weaved passed corners and open rooms, lacking the curiosity to peak inside of them as she neared the entrance to the omega lock.

The doors opened in greeting to her, and a wide, emotion-filled smile broke across her face as Ratchet turned to see who it had been to enter the room. His optics widened in shock at the sight of her physical changes, and knelt down on one knee as she sprinted toward him, arms flung out to her sides.

"Ratchet!" She screamed in relief, jumping straight into his waiting servos and plastering herself onto his chassis.

The medic chortled gently at her reaction to seeing him as he stood up straight once more, glancing up to Optimus to see the amused glint in his optic.

"That was quite the entrance." Ratchet commented, cradling Ailani in his servo as he shifted to look back down at her.

"I'm just.." she trailed off to sniffle. "So glad to see that you're okay."

The doctor felt a small smile tug at his lips as Ailani finally pulled herself away to grin up at him, swiping an overjoyed tear away from her eye.

"Likewise." He nodded his helm.

"Oh," she said, seemingly remembering what her reasoning for finding him was for. "By the way, I totally kicked oracle ass, and when the energon was shot into Cybertron, my shit got all funky and now I look like this."

Her explanation was hard to follow, yet Ratchet found humor in her gestures as she held her arms out, displaying her obvious changes in a brighter light before slumping her arms back down into her lap.

"It appears that your abilities have been fully established with the rebirth of our home planet." Optimus spoke up from Ratchet's side, prompting both to turn toward them.

"Well that would have been a hell of a lot more helpful if it happened before I had to fight August," as she spoke, she rose a hand to rub the bridge of her nose. "That kick really hurt."

The two mech's raised inquisitive brows, yet didn't question her as Ratchet set Ailani back down on the floor. Her slack grin was thus shifted toward the other stealth bots as they approached her, all adorning similar looks of gratitude on their faces.

"We couldn't have done this without you, 'Lani." Smokescreen had been the first to speak, gesturing with a nod of his helm toward their reborn planet as the Nemesis made its way toward the space-bridge home.

"Shucks, I barely did a thing." A bashful hand was brought to the back of her neck, prompting the Prime behind her to take a step forward.

"On the contrary, Ailani," he had said as she turned on her heel to face him. "If not for you, the Decepticon oracle surely would have brought an end to our attempts at stopping Megatron's cyber-formation of Earth."

At that, Ailani's eyes widened, and her attention drifted back to the Bots standing stationary behind her. She took notice to their thankful optics and smiling faceplates; and suddenly she felt an overwhelming sense of sadness at the though of seeing them all go.

"What's going to happen when we get back to Earth?" She had asked, her smile vanishing as she met the Prime's optic. He exchanged a sullen look with his medic.

"All will be clarified once we land."

__________

"Though our home world is once again capable of supporting life," Optimus Prime had said once all Autobot personnel were brought into the base hangar. Ailani stood atop the recreation platform beside her leader, hands on her hips and eyes downcast, neglecting the energy necessary to face Ultra Magnus — whom had been staring at her since their return. "We have much rebuilding to do. Alas, we will miss our home away from home, and the family we've made here."