23. One Without A Permanent Scar?

Chapter Twenty Three.

[ Emma's P.O.V. ]

Liam pulled out a chair for me and helped me sit, although I didn't need any help. I think I can manage to sit without falling off since I'm not Harry.

Liam sat on the other side and smiled, passing me a menu and grabbing one for himself. I usually don't go out to eat and I'm terrible at ordering food so I just open it and stare at him while glancing away in-between.

I've never stared at him like this before because he's always keeping an eye on me. I notice a birth mark on his slightly left side of the neck and a beauty mark on his jaw when he turns his head. I've always known they were there but I just realized right now, how they make him look even more unearthly. These marks should make me think of him like a normal human being, but I just can't do it. He looks the absolute definition of beauty in front of me.

"So, what do you wanna order?" He asked after a while when he was done reading the menu. I thanked God because I had just averted my gaze from him.

"Uh, I don't know. You can order." I told him with a shrug and I looked around at crowd around us. This was not a restraunt which looked like it was for casual fellows. It looked hell expensive with all the setting and chandeliers. With once glance at the menu, I confirmed it.

"Do you-" Liam started but was cut off by phone ringing as I kept the menu down.

I glanced at the screen, knowing I'd see the same name. And I was reminded about everything that I forgot about.

"Liam, can you- please, can we just go? Please?" I requested, yet again.

His frown deepened. "What's wrong, Emma?"

"Will you just listen to me? Please, let's go. I'm going to get murdered today."

"What?" He snapped.

"I- I didn't mean, like, uh... Please, please!" I pleaded. Liam looked away and rested his forhead on his hand which was on the table.

"No." He looked up at me. "Not before you tell me what's going on."

"Ugh, Liam!" I whined. "I'll be dead if I do! Do you want me to die young?"

"Stop being dramatic and just tell me. If you do, then I'll do as you say." He told me.

"Shit." I mumbled underneath my breath as the same name kept flashing on my screen as I silence it again.

"Spill it." Liam stared at me, awaiting my reply.

"Uh... I can't! I'm just going-" I stood up without finishing the sentence as he turned his body towards my actions, I started to walk past him.

But, of course, he wouldn't let me. He gripped my wrist and stopped me.

"You're not going anywhere before I know what's going on." He told me and stood up to match my height.

"Oh, come on..." I cursed. I debated on whether to tell him or not and sighed, I guess I have to. I really need him to come with me.

"Happy birthday." I smiled guiltily. He frowned at me and blinked a few times. "Liam, I know today is your birthday. I'm sorry I didn't knew it before but... Please, just come with me."