Break Off ✅✔️

I sat in my office waiting on Bakari, which I knew he wasn't far behind Freya. Both of them were starting to annoy me, it was like no matter where Bakari went or what he does, she's right behind. Somehow knowing his next move. They were both starting to feel like pests, even Bakari at this point. I don't want to have to carry the baggage of his mistakes. I won't do so either. I'm better than a grown adult's baggage.

This was all getting to be too much, no amount of money will make me put up with this. Bakari was a lovely man, and nothing less than that. His baggage was just too heavy and I'm not sure if I can carry it all. He stumbled into my office out of breath, letting me know that he was chasing after Freya.

"Princess-'. I raised my hand cutting him off. I was starting to think that this connection between us wasn't what we wanted it to be. I was starting to think that we'd definitely be better going our separate ways.

"Bakari. I'm not sure if we can continue this relationship, to be honest, I'm having some doubts about you. I'm not sure if you're with me because you want to be or if you're just trying to fill the void Freya created. I think you need some time alone Bakari, think about what you really want, I don't need to be someone's replacement".

"You are more than that Olivia," he muttered.

"If that's true then it shouldn't be a long break for you to figure it out then, huh? I'm glad we discussed this" I smiled rising up from my chair and heading towards where he stood. "I not sure if you knew this but, I love you, I really love you. I just can't handle loving a man that I'm pretty sure isn't over his ex. I mean you just separated from her. You need this break more than you know. You'll thank me one day for this". I grabbed both his arms and leaned up slightly to kiss his cheek. "I'm sorry" I whispered in his ear before walking away towards the door.

"Oliva-".

"Lock up for me, will you?" I smiled at him and exited my office.

Bakari's POV

This sucks, the fact that she thinks I'd use her for something like this. She meant more to me than she'd actually knew. Maybe I haven't shown her enough. I bought her this goddamn building for crying out loud.

I went home upset, kind of on the depressing side. She means the entire universe to me and she didn't even know it.

"DAMN IT". I cursed myself, beating myself up over this situation. I heard a loud ringing in my apartment. I searched every nook and cranny of the house until I found my phone on the couch smothered in pillows. The only person I had hoped it for was Olivia, I was highly dissatisfied when it wasn't.

"Hey Brim what's going on?" I asked into the phone.

"Aye man, I ain't hit you up in a bop, how's it been man," he mentioned into the phone.

"Good bro". My voice was starting to crack, it was low and unnoticeable. He could instantly tell I was lying if he was listening closely to my voice, which I hoped he wasn't.

"What's going on big bro, you don't sound right". He was listening, he was the closest friend I had. He knew the signs of when I'm sad, mad, or even tense about something. He was like the brother I always wanted but never had and I was grateful for him.

"Female troubles?" He questioned. "Freya again?"

"Nah man, I'm with this new girl named Oliva?" I mentioned I had totally forgotten to tell him about Olivia.

"Damn, she sounds pretty". He chuckled and I gave a subtle but full-hearted laugh. "Tell me about her".

"She's 21, she's starting her own fashion company, and she's just the most amazing, talented, and intelligent person I've ever met."