18

TW: homophobia/gay slurs

It was another boring school day for Casey and Jace. Word had spread around the school about the newfound relationship between Casey and Jace, but neither boy really cared. They were way too in love with each other to notice.

Jace and Finn were standing at Finn's locker, waiting for the other two boys in their group to show up. Finn was getting his books out of his locker.

"So, how was your date with Casey?!" Finn asked, excited to hear the answer to his question.

Jace smiled, a bright red blush creeping up on his cheeks. "It was.. amazing!" He said, smiling more than the was before

"I'm glad. He better make you happy or I'll beat him up!" He joked, smiling at his best friend.

Jace laughed. "He does,"

"Good," Finn said, smiling when he saw two familiar punks walking over to them.

Jace looked over at Casey and Alex, smiling at them. "Hi, guys!" He exclaimed, smiling brightly.

Casey wrapped one of his arms around Jace's waist and kissed his cheek. "Hey,"

Alex took Finn's books from him, also kissing his boyfriend on the cheek. Finn blushed, giggling.

"Do you guys want to hang out at my house after school?" Finn asked, looking at his group of friends.

"I can't," Jace responded, pouting slightly. "My mum is making me go to some dinner for my birthday, sorry."

"That's okay, Jace!" Finn said, smiling reassuringly at his best friend. "We can hang out a different day."

The bell for first period went off and the four boys each went to their first class, which none of them had together. The school day went by quicker than any of them thought it would.

The bell rang, signalling for fourth period. Jace grabbed his books off his desk and left the classroom, making his way to his fourth period class.

"Hey, fag!" A voice called.

Jace kept walking. He had fourth with Casey, and they would leave him alone if he was with him.

"Hey, I'm talking to you!" The voice called again.

Ignore it. Jace told himself.

The voice was getting closer, but Jace just kept walking until he felt someone grab his wrist. He turned around quickly, looking at the person. It wasn't Nick, like Jace thought. It was one of his minions.

"Where's your boyfriend, faggot?" The boy spat.

"He-"

"I'm right here." Casey said, shoving the boy. Jace immediately went behind Casey, holding onto his boyfriend's leather jacket. "Why don't you fuck off before I beat your face in, huh?"

The bully got up off the floor and ran off. Casey turned to his boyfriend, who was shaking slightly. "Hey, are you okay?"

Jace shook his head no in response.

The bell had already rang for fourth, meaning that Casey and Jace were late for class. "Do you want to come to my house? We're already late for class, and I don't think that you want to go, right?" Casey asked.

"Sure.. lets go to your house.." He said quietly, not really quite sure. He didn't want to go to fourth though, that much was certain.