7

I'm sorry

TW: Homophobic/gay slurs, bullying

Casey James Kellar was the most confusing person ever.

Ever since Jace introduced Casey to Finn, Casey has been calling Jace his boyfriend. It's not that Jace didn't like it, it just confused him. Like, a lot. But Jace got even more confused when he saw Casey snogging Naomi Vern in the hallway.

Naomi was a nice girl, she really was, but Jace couldn't help but be jealous of her. She was practically shoving her tongue down Casey's throat!

How disgusting! He thought.

Jace looked away from them, frowning. He was planning to tell Casey that he liked him, but maybe.. that will have to wait. He definitely needed to talk to Casey asap!

*

"Finn!" Jace cried. "I need your help!"

The other pastel boy turned around and smiled at Jace. He noticed the concern and hurt that flashed across Jace's features.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Finn asked, putting his hand on Jace's shoulder.

The two pastel boys walked somewhere private, not wanting anyone else to hear their conversation.

"It's about Casey..." Jace said, sadly. "I saw him snogging Naomi today!"

"Oh," Finn said. Finn knew that Jace had a crush on Casey, it was so obvious.

"But I saw him after that and he still called me his boyfriend!" Jace said.

"Hmmm," Finn hummed. "Maybe you should talk to him about it, if it's bothering you."

"Okay.. What should I say?" Jace asked, pouting. He didn't want to ruin his friendship with Casey. They had been best friends for years!

Finn patted Jace's shoulder. "Just be honest about what's bothering you. I'm sure he'll understand."

*

Casey didn't understand. In fact, Casey got mad at Jace. Jace didn't understand why Casey was so mad, he had done nothing wrong.

"I don't understand why you're so upset about this, Jace!" Casey said.

"I'm trying to explain.." Jace said quietly, not wanting to draw attention to him and Casey.

"Okay, then explain." Casey huffed, crossing his arms.

"Okay.. well you started saying that I was your boyfriend.. and kissing my cheek and stuff.. then today I saw you making out with Naomi.. I'm just.. I don't know. I'm upset!.." Jace explained.

"Why are you upset?" Casey asked.

Oh, boy, Jace thought. I have to tell him that I'm in love with him.

"I'm in lo-" Jace started, but Casey cut him off.

"What? Did you actually think that we were dating, Jace?" Casey asked, looking down at the pastel-wearing boy.

"I-" Jace started. Before Jace knew it he was on the floor.

Casey had pushed him on the floor.

"I'm not a fucking fag like you, Jace." Casey spat. He immediately regretted it when he saw many emotions flash across Jace's features; hurt, anger, sadness and betrayal. Tears welled in Jace's eyes and Casey never hated himself more, than he did in that moment.

"Jace, I-"

"I-I hate you!" Jace screamed, letting the tears pour out of his eyes and down his face. At this point everyone in the hallway was looking at the two boys. People started to murmur.

"What's going on?"

"Is that Casey and Jace?"

"They're fighting."

"Casey just pushed his best friend and called him a fag."

"Poor, Jace.."

"What a bad friend."

Casey felt the guilt consuming him. He was to overwhelmed with the feeling of all hat guilt, he didn't notice when Jace got up and ran away, sobbing his pastel heart out.