15

"Alright, Casey," Finn started. Finn and Casey had been hanging out a lot because Finn was quote-on-quote 'training' Casey before his date with Jace. He hadn't asked Jace out yet, he was going to wait until Jace's birthday to do so. "So, we already bought all the stuff that we're going to put in Jace's locker. Have you thought about what you're going to say when you ask him out?" He asked.

"Yeah.. But I don't really know if it's gonna be good.." Casey said. "Can I see the stuff you bought for him?"

Finn nodded, holding back a squeal. "He's going to love it! I promise, Casey. I found the most Jace-like things I could find!" He walked over to his closet, pulling out a big plastic bag that was filled to the top.

Casey walked over to him, looking curiously at the bags. Looking at how much stuff Finn bought, Casey made a mental note to pay his friend back. "Can I?" he asked.

"Of course!" Finn said, handing Casey the bags.

Casey smiled at Finn and started to look through the bags. There were an assortment of all of Jace's favourite chocolates, along with some cute pastel things. There were some fake roses.

"I figured that when you ask Jace out, you'd want to get him real flowers, so I just bought some fake rose petals to make it look more romantic." Finn explained, standing beside his punk friend. "I know the person that works at the flower shop nearby, so you'll be able to get a discount on the flowers."

Casey turned to face his friend and smiled, hugging him. "Thank you so much for doing this, Finn. I can't thank you enough."

Finn smiled bashfully, hugging him back. "You don't have to thank me, it's no problem at all. I just want my friends to be happy, and if that means I need to help them get together, then so be it." He smiled.

*

Casey was beyond nervous as he walked into his high school. Today was Jace's birthday and he was going to ask Jace out, he was trying not to panic. He held the flowers that he had bought for Jace. They were lilies, and they were Jace's favourite flower. He looked down at the flowers in his hands. He had gotten help from Finn and they had woven the flowers into a flower crown. It would only last maybe two days, but it looked beautiful.

Casey made his way to Jace's locker, where Jace was. Finn had told Casey that they were at Jace's locker, and that Jace was about to open his locker.

Jace smiled at his pastel-loving friend as he opened his locker. His jaw dropped at what he saw. It was beautiful. There were his favourite chocolates and rose petals, although he could tell they were fake. There was a bouquet of different coloured lilies, that must've been placed earlier that morning.

Jace looked at Finn, speechless. "I.. who?.. who did this?.." he asked.

"I did.." he heard a familiar voice say from behind him. Jace turned around, looking up at the punk boy he happened to call his best friend.

"You did this?" He asked, earning a small nod from the taller of the two. At this point, Finn had left to give them a bit of privacy.

"Jace, I," Casey grabbed one of Jace's hands. "I really like you, like a lot. I know that it seems weird that I like you, after calling you a-.. you know.. but I really, really like you, Jace. So.. will you.. uhm maybe.. go on a date with me this Friday?"

Jace looked at Casey, grinning like an idiot. "Yes! Of course!" He said.

Casey smiled and handed Jace the flower crown he had made for him. "I made this for you.."

"Thank you, Casey."

"Happy birthday, Jace."

"Thank you."