Sighing, I turn away, facing the plain guest room, contemplating. I know that I can't stay here forever. I appreciate the kindness my friends have shown, but I'm begining to hate this cream coloured cage. The surrounding furniture is tightly packed around me due to the limited space, and every time I am struck with a reminder of Emily and Edmund, it only suffocates me more. The throbbing inside my ears is never-ending. I need to get out.

My mind made up, I quickly get dressed in a long sleeved burgundy t-shirt and black hoodie that Becca let me borrow, along with my now washed jeans and my boots. Grabbing my phone, I head straight out of the room's door, making my way to the exit. Just before I pull open the front door, I shoot Becca a quick text. I'll come back later, I just need some time to think.

Throwing open the door as quietly as humanly possible, I stagger out, hoping I haven't woken the siblings. However, once the door is safely closed, I leg it.

The crisp, refreshing breeze flows through my still tangled hair, cooling my skin as my feet pound the concrete pavement. I let my feet carry me, not thinking about where I'm heading but focusing more on my senses. The calm surfaces of puddles from last night's rainfall break and scatter from the force of my feet, and the scent of the previous weather fills the atmosphere, clearing the fog inside my head while I run.

I glance towards the sky, getting a clearer view of it's intricate artistic detail, before coming to a stop. I've been running for a staggering thirty seconds. Excessive movement has never agreed with my body, and my lungs clearly abhor the idea of more due to the burning sensation they are currently applying to my chest.

I say chest. I mean everywhere. Most people I know in college haven't ran much since PE just over a year ago, whereas I have always been a lazy shit, and am now regretting ever getting out of bed. I slump down on the ground, glancing at the mass of trees to my side. Daft cow.

"Excuse me?"

And that, my friends, is how I died.

Twisting my head so quickly it might as well have snapped off, I stare at the single most mouth watering chunk of guy I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. Dark, tousled hair frames an extremely chiseled face, defined nose and obsidian eyes that hold coldness and a twinge of amusement. Well groomed stubble coats a harsh jawline near to a pair of smooth pink lips that curl up on one side in a knowing smirk. But even that doesn't stop me this time. I glance down slightly, noticing the tight fitting black top that does absolutely nothing to hide the distinct indentation of muscle underneath it and accentuates the bulge of his biceps. My eyes unconsciously start to trail further downwards, but a smooth baritone voice with a slight unknown accent halts me in my tracks, bringing me back to reality.

And of course, we already know what happens to my already limited listening skills in these types of situation. So, as always, I expertly respond with a well thought out, calculated and excessively literate reply.

"Huh?"

His deep chuckle only makes the situation that much more soul crushing. So much so that crawling up my own arse seems more and more appealing by the second. As if he can read my thoughts, his smirk grows as his arms cross over his chest, causing me to notice a broad set of strong shoulders. Damn.

"I said 'excuse me'," he explains, in a seemingly bored tone, though I do manage to pick up on the hint of amusement lacing through it.

Confused, my brows furrow. Am I in his way?

"Do you always tilt your head when confused?" He tilts his, seemingly mimicking me with cockiness plastered all over his expression.

I straighten my neck, now feeling more conscious. "Do you need me to move...?" I ask, glancing around me. The ground is completely empty. He could just walk around.