When they arrived, Daniel spotted a whole field of teenagers like himself working out.. It was hard to spot Jack amidst them.

He joined in later on after he had had a word with the Coach..

"Daniel!"

He heard his name and smiled at the realization of who it was... It was the same hushed voice, that became a slightly deeper since puberty showed up..  He imagined he must have lost a ton of weight but No, Jack was still... Well... Jack.

"Daniel.. " Jack called again releasing heavy pants..

It was just a metre run..

"Jack.. " Daniel called and they hugged patting him gently in the process..

"You...could imagine my surprise when I heard you showed up... What happened?.." He asked still panting heavily and drenched in his own sweat.

________

________

"You See I told you, I knew something was up.. Have you seen Daniel since today?.." Maya asked Tess crossed armed..and frantically pacing about.

"Uhmm.. Well... That's true, I haven't"

"Great... You just had to launder" Maya said hitting Tess with her hand and slowly returning it back to rub her elbows.

"I just had to" Tess mumbled.

"What if something bad happened?"

"What if something good happened?... Be positive.."

"How do I even reach him?... No one has heard from him too.."

"I guess your answer is over there.. Sitting" Tess said referring to Abigail who sat at the School's bench with some papers she was browsing through.

"No... No way.. Not at all... You seriously want me to meet Abigail to discuss Daniel.. That's insane... What if she starts sharing some memories of her and Daniel when he got gifts and all... Can I stand that?... She's very possessive.."

"Possessive but nice... Go on, give her a try she won't bite.. She's not Allie.. "

"Allie... What's with you two?" Maya asked her words buried within chuckles..

"She has been a total freak show lately... Every little thing pisses her off since Abi resumed... That's not the problem... She makes us work for extra hours because she's supposed to be our leader.. She has been picking on me.. I just need one push.. Just one so I can display the new skills I got from Jujitsu... " Tess said making a stance as she clenched her fist and slightly bent her knees..

"Yea.. Let it roll of your back Don't do that... I'm going to meet Abigail"

  ••••••~~~~~~~~~~~~~••••••

"Hey there" Maya said as she reached for the bench..

"Hi.. You are that girl I met the other day... Maddie was it?"

"Maya.. "

"Maya.. Scott's girlfriend.. "

"Uhmm.. Well.. Sorta... Kinda... Not quite... Love your shoes.. "

Lamest topic changer..

"Thanks.. How are you holding up with Scott?... " She asked not yielding.

"What can I say... It's great.. Did you buy these shoes in Alabama.. "

No no no...

"No I bought them from Great Britain... They are customized."

"Love it! No wonder your voice was a little.. Not American" She said excitedly that it took her minutes to realize what she said.. Excited because she had stopped asking about Scott..

Abigail laughed before proceeding... It was so brief that it almost looked like a loud smile...

She is so cultured..

"Yes... I'm from America, but I was raised in Britain.. What do you like in Scott?"

Got excited too soon..

"Everything... " Maya replied... Realizing what she said, she quickly added..

"Not everything... I mean" She said and bit her lip... Only Abigail knew what was in her own mind... No one could tell...

"Well... I can tell you what I like in Daniel.. "

Daniel, the reason I'm here.. Great subject change..

                   °°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"You are late again... Teresa Montes.. "

"My full name is Tessa Montes... Not Teresa Get it right!! Allison Patel.. "

"Oh... Maybe when I report you To Mrs. Banks, you would become more punctual.. "

"Matter of fact, Mrs Banks is the reason I'm late so... Back off!" Tess said heading towards the girls locker room..

"I'm not done talking.. You get back here!"

Seconds later, Allie got right to where Tess stood and turned over a a perfect glass of milkshake right on Tess's hair that it rolled over her back... Well, Literally.

"That's it.. That's the height of it.. That's the push I have been waiting for.."

Reaching for her, Tess sprinted and pushed her down... She was everything athletic.. Before long, both girls started dragging at the other's hair and pulling it... The other girls stood at a distance and observed the ruckus.

•~•~•~•~•~~~~~~~~~~•~•~•~•~•

"....he also got me some Jeweleries on my fifteenth birthday.... We went out to have dinner.. "

"You don't say.. " Maya remarked with a forced smile... She was weary...

"I do.. He's the best... Can you believe he called me his queen.. "

His Queen... Really? He couldn't even change the words...

"Are you listening?" Abigail asked noticing Maya looked disinterested.

"Yes why?"

"You didn't seem interested... So as I was saying, he also got me this bracelet I wear everyday.. " Abigail said flaunting her wrist.

"It's beautiful.. "

"I know right.. "

"He got himself one too.. "

"So, all this talk about Daniel... Haven't seen him since today.. "

"Oh he didn't Tell you, he left.." Abigail said and continued scribbling up something on one of the papers. It seemed more like she didn't want to say anything further.. If Daniel didn't tell Maya that he was leaving, surely she wasn't supposed to be the one to.

"By left... You mean left.. "

"Yes, he was gone... To the football academy he once wanted to pursue.. "

Should have known he was just going to fail in his promise like every other... Scott was right!! He is a jerk.. I'm really done now..

Author's note: Thanks for the views, votes and comments thus far... I love you all so much 💕🌸 I'm open to corrections please feel free to do so..

Maya is done? Really? Talk about misunderstanding and confusion at the same time.. Let's see what goes on along the line 😉.

Please keep reading, keep voting and keep commenting.. Beautiful things begin simple. We rise by lifting each other 🙏.

It's~a~me

#Cheeahmahkah..

2:29pm