35 - I Want You To Stay

"Don't tell me you're actually considering that." Lucy started once I told her and Felicity about my conversation with Mr. Wilson.

"Of course I am." I had to consider it because it could have been the only way I'd ever be able to have a normal life and not only that it would be better for my friends as well. They wouldn't have to deal with my problems anymore. They've been my best friends since middle school and they always had my back. But I on the other hand only brought trouble and misfortune upon them. It was time for me to return the favor and make their lives easier.

"That's nonsense!" Lucy was clearly not happy with my decision. She couldn't even sit in one place so she started walking around the room.

"No, it's not." I tried to reason with her. "I mean what else am I supposed to do?"

"Felicity, you've got to help me out here," Lucy now turned to Felicity. "Tell him that this is a terrible idea."

"I'm sorry but I'm with Jesse on this one." Felicity signed with her hands. I wasn't surprised by her answer because she was always the most rational one out of our friend group. Even though most of the time she preferred not to get involved she still had the best judgment.

"I can't believe you guys!" Lucy got even more frustrated. "How is him moving out of town a good idea?"

"Think about it! He can't stay here forever. Your father's going to come back soon and once he finds out about what happened and that you're helping Jesse he might kick you out as well." Felicity tried to convince Lucy but it didn't seem like she was changing her mind.

"That doesn't mean that he should leave town. We can find another place like a hotel or something and he'll stay there." Lucy was practically having a panic attack.

"We can't afford that and even if we could that still doesn't fix most of our biggest problems. What is he going to do about school? Or about the fact that entire town now knows his secret?" It seemed that Felicity's arguments were undeniable even for Lucy. "You know very well that people here won't let Jesse have a peaceful life. I mean, look at him now. He's entire body's injured and it was Dylan who did it. I don't even want to imagine what others might do to him. Do you want him to suffer for the rest of his life? Face it Lucy, moving out of town is the best option. It's not like we'll never see him again. We can visit sometime and call and text each other every day."

"I know but..." Lucy finally gave up. "I just don't want our friendship to collapse."

"Hey, that would never happen!" I responded this time. "You know I love you guys more than anything in this world and I wish I could stay here with you but what Felicity's saying is true. I have to leave but that will never affect our friendship. You'll always be my best friends and the distance will never change that."

Lucy sighed and soon her facial expression became sadder for a moment but she realized that this was the safest way and the best option for everybody.

If I'm being honest I don't want to leave any more than she does. I haven't even seen my grandma in years and now I'm supposed to be living with her. Last time I visited was when grandpa passed away and I didn't really get a chance to reconnect with her. It was a really sad day for everyone except for my heartless mother who wasn't even trying to hide the fact that she was happy with grandpa's death. She was really angry at him because he forced her to marry my father. Actually he's the only reason why I was even born. If grandpa hadn't found out about my mom's pregnancy I wouldn't even be here right now. Sometimes I wonder, would he be disappointed in me if he found out I was gay? Would he react the same way as others?

More importantly how will my grandma react? I'm surprised she even agreed to take care of me.

Whatever, it can't be much worse than this hellhole. Even if she'll hate me it's still going to be better than staying here. At least the whole town won't be after me there.