34 - Father Knows Best

"You have to eat something! At least a little bit!" My friend Lucy insisted.

I was really not in a mood for food, which is very surprising for me but sometimes it does happen. Also my head hurt so bad that I could't even see straight anymore. I barely managed to walk to the living room. Thankfully Lucy said that her father's out of town for a few days and I can stay here for a while but I'm not sure what I'm going to do after that.

"I really can't eat right now," I tried to explain. "Maybe later."

You know what's really strange? My body literally has no energy left and I should be starving right now but even thinking about eating makes me want to gag.

"C'mon, I made this muffins just for you." Felicity signed with her hands. "I know how much you love them. You always asked me to make them for you."

I stared at Felicity for a second and wondered why she didn't just talk like the last time but then sadly I remembered that it was all in my dream. She didn't actually recover and unfortunately she's still mute.

That was the only good part of my dream and it didn't even come true. What a bummer.

Felicity was looking at me confusedly because she had no idea why I was acting so out of character. Then I realized how strange that must have been for them so I tried to smile and politely decline their offer.

"Thanks but I'm not hungry right now, but I'm sure they're as delicious as always." I responded.

"If you're not going to eat them then I will!" Lucy replied and took one of the muffins out of the basket and bit into it.

Seeing her eat was so unpleasant for some reason and I had to look away. I put my hand on my mouth or else I was afraid I'd literally throw up.

Lucy quickly stopped eating and looked at me. "Oh, my god, are you okay?" She became even more concerned after that and turned around to face Felicity. "I think we should take him to the hospital. He might have a broken bone or something after what happened that night."

"No!" I panicked once she mentioned the hospital. I couldn't go there again not when the entire town knew about my secret. "I'm fine, there's no need to go there."

"I think it wouldn't hurt if a doctor examined your wounds." Felicity tried to convince me as well but I was definitely not changing my mind about this. Even if the pain was killing me it would be better to just ignore it.

"No, I'm really okay. I just need to rest. That's all." I replied with a crooked smile.

"Alright," Lucy sighed and finally agreed with me. "At least I'll go and get you a medicine for your headache."

"That's really not necessary," Even though the pain was still there I decided not to bother my friends more than I already had. "I can't even feel it anymore."

"Are you sure?" She rose her eyebrow.

"Yeah..." I responded but didn't add anything afterwards.

During this few moments of silence I had a chance to think about everything that happened to me but for now I focused only on positive things, like how my friends helped me and... Well there wasn't really that many good things that happened lately if I'm being honest. But that thought reminded me of how ungrateful I was being to Lucy and Felicity all these past few weeks.

I stopped talking to them and even though Lucy warned me I didn't even listen to her. And now my entire life's turned upside down because of one simple fact. I mean, I still don't understand why.