Chapter one

//Hey... I'm not sure if this is anything good but I'm just gonna put this out there so if you like it let me know and I'll continue.//

I raced home, usually avoiding running at all costs but today was an acception. I ran into my front door, raced past Shiro, who was trying to greet me, and up the stairs into my room.

When my whole body was in the safety of my bedroom I slammed the door shut and locked it tight. I wasn't finished.
I bolted to my curtains and pulled them closed right as a strike of lightning came into view. I yelped and finished closing the curtains, and ran to my backpack to get headphones. I was in more of a panic now, knowing I was running out of time.

I looked through every pocket more frantically as time went on. I realised I was holding them in my hands the whole time. I mentally slapped myself and rushed once more to my closet.

I hid in the deepest corner of it, and threw my hair out of my face to put them in my ears. I played the music and huddled there, trying to block it all out.

I was afraid of something so stupid, but I couldn't get over it for some reason. Thunder storms. Every time they appeared in the sky I would get a panic attack.

About ten minutes after my episode, as I was just starting to relax I heard a knock on my door.
"Keith?" A familiar voice said. I didn't respond.
"I'm not sure if this is because of a bad day at school or the thunder" He said truthfully. I searched my brain for an answer, because even I didn't know. School was never easy. I hated everything about it besides art class. He knocked again.
"I DON'T KNOW!" I said, my voice cracking. I sounded like a child. Jeez. you're a Junior in highschool, what the hell was I doing hiding in a corner of my closet right now with my knees hitting my chest.

I let my self conscious thoughts take over my head and I grasped it in attempt to be free of it.

I woke up the next morning in the same position I spent the rest of my night, in the closet. I got up and stretched. When I exited my closet I saw the mess I had made of my room yesterday.

It looked like an earthquake had hit it. I looked to my left and saw my backpack a mess on the ground, then to my right and saw that the clock said 7:20. I jerked, and ran to get ready.
By the time I left the house it was 7:30, and I knew I was going to be late, so I didn't try to run.
When I arrived at the terrible place I called school, no one was walking through the halls. It had been misting outside so my jacket and bag had gotten wet.

I walked hurriedly to my first class and waited a minute out the door to try and compose myself. When I walked in, not to my surprise everyone looked at me. I tried to avoid everyone but I locked eyes with someone.
Lance POV
Class couldn't have been less interesting, even though it just started until Keith walked in. He looked honestly like a mess. His bangs covered parts of his eyes, making them look all the more mysterious, his hands were tightly gripping one side of his backpack, and one sleeve of his flannel was falling off his shoulder. He couldn't have looked more attractive.

I watched him, not knowing I was as he walked over to his seat keeping his head down low, hiding those eyes from everyone. I looked over to his eyes which were staring right into my soul and I realised I had been staring at him. I quickly glanced away and went back to my book.
I knew of Keith, but I never spoke to him. He was good at everything he did without trying, and from watching from afar,he seemed to be annoyed with that. He always looked annoyed. He intrigued me. He also annoyed me.

I never understood why he couldn't just accept how good he was at everything. WHy didn't he brag about it? Every question I asked had an answer that just made me drawn to him more. But of course, I couldn't ever let anyone know.
When the bell rang I walked over to my friends who had been waiting for me already. They looked at me with smiles and welcoming greetings.
"Hey" Hunk said, shoving some chips in his mouth
"Hi!" Pidge followed him, now looking back down to her robot she was making. I looked at it in awe.
"Hey.. what's this??" I said pointing to it. She smiled a bit and told me it was something she was working on for robotics club. Just then Keith walked by. He walked slow, and alone. He looked to me, then quickly looked away.
"Who you looking at Lancy lance?" Pidge mocked. I spin my head around and glared at her.
"No one" I said. Turning a bit red.
"Sure" she said, turning to keith who was just reaching our table.
"Hey Keith!" she yelled. He looked over, kind of shocked from the sudden interaction, then quickly put his face back into it's normal dark brooding look.
"Want to sit with us?" She asked. He looked almost hurt from it, and his eyes thinned a bit before he spoke like ice replying with a
"No" before he walked off. What was his problem?
Back to Keith's POV
They were trying to trick me. I hurried off in the other direction heading for the art room. When I entered no one was there. It was empty. Just how I liked it.