Chapter 15

A/N: Once more, I wish to thank everyone who is following this story and sending in comments and voting on each chapter. Please forgive me if I'm not able to reply to all the comments. I am taking careful note of them, though, and I am grateful to you all! ❤❤❤🙏🙏🙏

Can's Mom's POV

Even before Can had excused himself to go to the bathroom, Lay had gone off to the ladies room to freshen up.

With Can and Lay away, it was now only me and Tin sitting across the table facing me, because Pete and Ae had excused themselves to do some more window shopping.

As soon as Tin and I were by ourselves, Tin pulled his chair closer to me.

"Mom," he started to say.

I was a bit taken aback that he called me mom so naturally like he had been calling me that all his life.

"Yes, what is it, Tin?" I encouraged him to go on, as I noticed him hesitating

"Will you allow Can to bring home a fish for a pet?" he asked.

I was so relieved at the simplicity of the question. I thought he had some earth shaking question to ask me.

"Of course," I replied, "I'm just wondering why Can has never mentioned it to me."

"It's because he has been refusing anything I try to give him. I'm afraid he doesn't like me all that much." Tin explained.

"I will be up front with you, Tin, okay?" I said.

Tin nodded, looking a little anxious and embarrassed at the same time. He seemed to know what I was about to say.

"I am aware of why Can is behaving the way he does towards you. I was in the car with his dad when he explained why he ran away from the dinner table upon seeing you. But I can see that you are a good kid and that you are trying to make amends. I will try to help you and Can to be good friends, okay?"

"Thank you, mom, I am thankful that you are on my side," said Tin, "you think there's a chance for Can and me to be more than just friends?"

"Whoa! Whoa! Slow down," I said, a little shocked at his question. "I will help you to be friends with Can. I am not so sure if Can is into more than just friendship with another guy."

"I guess, I have to start somewhere. Being just friends with Can for now will already be a big achievement for me, with your help, of course, mom."

Again, Tin calling me mom made me soften towards him. It would not do any harm for Can to be friends with Tin. Just friends, though. My maternal instinct went on protective mode toward Can. I was not really into this so-called BL thing like my daughter Lay is into.

"How about we all go and watch a movie?" I asked Tin.

Tin gave me a grateful smile.

"I would love that. I will take care of the tickets and snacks," he said.

"No, no," I protested, "you have already treated us to lunch. Let me treat you and everyone to a movie and snacks."

I saw Can coming back from the rest room.

Tin quickly moved his head close to me.

"Mom, can you please make sure that Can sits beside me inside the theater?" Tin said in a whisper, "I am pretty sure, he will try to sit farthest away from me."

"Leave it to me," I assured him.

"Can," I said to my son as soon as he reached the table. "I have invited Tin to watch a movie with us."

"You guys go ahead and watch a movie," Can said, looking upset at the the thought that I had invited Tin to watch a movie with us. "I will join Ae and Pete to do some window shopping."

"Cantaloupe," I said, putting a firmness into my voice. My son also knows that when I call him by his full name, I mean business. "You are coming with us to the movie."

"Besides, you will just be a third wheel if you join P'Ae and P'Pete," Lay piped in. I did not notice that she had returned to the table.

"Then I will just go home," my son insisted.

"Cantaloupe!" I said more firmly, "no one stays home on a Sunday afternoon. Tin, grab his hand and make sure he comes along with us."

Tin was more than willing to obey me.