"I'll be there in ten minutes, please don't walk anywhere. It's 11:30. There are too many bars nearby for you to be recklessly walking around." He hangs up the phone before I can even reply.

It's currently 27 degrees Fahrenheit outside and from the few minutes I've been in the car, I already can't feel my fingers. I try starting my car again and with no luck, I decide that it's actually dead. I stay in the car, scrolling on my phone for a few minutes.

I sigh and go out of my car, popping my trunk in hopes of finding a sweatshirt in there. With no luck, I decide to go investigate underneath the hood of my car. I don't know cars. If it was a life or death situation and I needed to even point to a specific part in the car, I would die.

I put my flashlight on it and stare at the jigsaw puzzle. "Need help, sweetheart?" I hear a man yell.

I groan to myself. Can I ever be left alone? Ever?

"No, I'm okay! Thanks though," I reply nicely.

I turn to look at the man in the street right off of the parking lot. He turns into the lot that I am in. "Not starting, huh?" He asks out of the window of his car.

I shake my head. "No. My boyfriend is coming with jumper cables," I say.

"It's so cold out. Want to just sit in my car to wait for him?" I don't think he's trying to be creepy, but it's coming off that way.

Why, why, why?

My stomach turns slightly at his uncomfortable question. My phone starts vibrating in my hand. I lift my phone to show him, "Sorry. He's calling."

I answer immediately. "Hey, I'm five minutes out. There was a bad accident, I'm coming I promise."

"Okay," I reply, my voice sounding shaky. Five minutes with this man if he doesn't leave me alone.

Ross answers back quickly, "What's wrong? What's going on?"

"You sure you don't want me to just check it out? I might have cables in my trunk," the man says loudly.

Ross replies into my ear. "Hayley, who is that? Are you not in your car?"

I clear my voice and answer the man. "No, it's okay. My boyfriend isn't far. Thanks, I appreciate the offer." I close my hood and go to get back into my car.

"Alright sweetie," he replies and makes a U-turn to exit. "Come over to Sallie's if you need help." He says, referring to the bar a minute away.

I nod and get into the car, immediately locking the door. "I'm a minute away," Ross says, I jump at the sound of his voice forgetting he was on the phone.

"Okay," I reply, my eyes watching the man's car turn out of the parking lot.

"I'm passing the thrift store, I'm about to pull in." He walks me through everything he's doing.

I see headlights come down the main street. Ross turns into the parking lot and parks next to me before literally jumping out of his car. I drop my phone onto the seat and get out of the car, walking into his arms.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your workout," I say into his chest.

He pulls back a little and looks at me. "That's what you're apologizing for?" He leans down, kissing my forehead. "Who was that before?"

"I was cold and wanted to check my trunk for a coat. Then I looked under my hood to see if I noticed anything wrong then I guess he saw me so he pulled in. I don't think he had bad intentions, but it just creeped me out a bit," I rant while looking into his eyes, my hands on his shirt as I lean into his warm body.