2. Baby ! Stop! You are turning into a frog!!

After 3 years.

Tang Xi is busy arranging notebooks, pencil boxes over a cute study table. She frowns as she saw a way more pencils in her child's school bag and laughs lightly in shock "This kid! How much pencils does he want to keep in his bag?!"

She realizes something and looks around the room. Her eyes finally lands on the mini study table of her son and smiles amused at her sudden discovery "He is obsessed with pencils! Just how many pencil boxes he has?".

She couldn't help get curious and gets into this task until she gasps surprised "He has 12 pencil boxes and just 3 toys? How come I never noticed this?"

'Is someone buying him these behind my back?'

However, she realizes it's already time to get ready to school and  yells hurriedly "Jing! Wake up!! It's getting late!".

She keeps the things ready in a school bag and runs to kitchen. Soon she drops the hot saddle and screams lowly. Yet the saddle made a loud noise.

Clang!

Ah!

She looks at her hand burnt and whimpers in ache. She shakes her hand desperately and dips it into a bowl of water...

"Mommy?!

As soon as Tang Xi hears her son's voice behind her, she controls her tears and bites her lower lip to endure this. She speaks with a smile "Baby. It's just a small-"

Her son now starts hopping to reach her hand making her stop talking "Mommy show me!! I have to blow your hand!!".

She smiles seeing him hopping like a frog and laughs wiping her tears "Jing. Ok stop! You are turning into frog"

Jing pouts his mouth and holds her skirt tugging it cutely "Mommy...".

She pats his head and shows her hand "Alright. It's small wound nothing serious...".

Phoooo!

Jing blows her hand and looks at her worriedly "Mommy.. hurts?"

His tender face already flustered while he tried to blow. She pinches his cheek teasingly and speaks "Someone forgot to wake up early today and made me mad. See? I burnt my hand in that thought!"

Jing looks down in guilt "Mommy ..sorry.." and kisses her hand "now hurts?"

Tang Xi looks at his sad eyes and gets stunned.

'What have I done? I should be more careful! How come I blamed him unreasonably?'

She kneels before him with smile and speaks "Baby! You sure know how to coax your mommy! But I lied".

Jing frowns confused "Lied? You... not hurt?"

This kid. In his eyes his mommy is everything! She said she lied about that part where she blamed him but this kid just wants his mommy not to get hurt.

So he wished she lied about being hurt?

She smiles caressing his cheek "I told you I got hurt because you didn't wake up early. That was a lie. I am sorry. It was not your fault. I was hurt because I was careless".

Seeing his mood getting better she sighs under her breath and speaks cheerfully "Go. Bring me the medical kit!"

She sees the kid already sprinted towards the living room and winces "This ...really hurts...".

She stands shaking her hand again in pain and dips it in the water again.

She looks before her emptily and is lost in thoughts.