Ch.13

"Well... yeah." Nico said unsurely as if the thought would anger me.

I got up off the bed slowly.

"Death Breath, Get me water." He got up quickly. He gave me a glare whilst filling up the cup at the sink.
He brought it to me setting it securely in my hand.

I drank half of the large cup and poured the rest on my head, feeling the cold rushing water energize me.

I stood up all the way stretching my back and legs in a ballerina like way.

"Stop showing off." Nico scowled playfully.

I rolled my eyes at him in a non-aggressive way.

"Do you think you could shadow travel?" I asked hopefully.

"Probably, I'll turn off the lights," he walked to the switch with aggression and flicked it like the light was possessing him with anger. "Hold onto my arm." He demanded comfortably.

I held on adjusting my grip so once we landed I wouldn't fall.
————————————————————
We were on the out skirts of Montauk after Nico landed. I saw my place of comfort destroyed and it honestly hurt me to think another one of my homes is gone.

I looked over at Nico who was staring back at my teary eyes. He knew how much that place means to me.

He seemed to consider an idea in his head then looked over at me and hugged me. I was stunned for a second until I hugged back.

He pulled back giving me my own slanted signature grin.

"Don't expect me to do that again." He said modestly. I know he will be there when I need him. He seemingly always is.

We started walking away. I let my feet do the walking as I didn't really know where to go. Nico and I talked about random things. We would occasionally stop talking when the subjects became too touchy. We were close. Like exponentially close, but some thing were better buried deep.

I told him of my nightmares and how they mostly revolved around the war. He said his nightmares had been bothering him also, but he also could rely on the souls in Elysium for comfort.

I was oddly jealous of his way to cope with the war. I had myself and only myself while he had everyone.

Everyone I had let down. I probably couldn't even endure seeing them. I know my place when my time comes, even though I'll probably go to Elysium, I don't think I will be able to look at them.

We soon arrived at Camp-Half Blood; almost seemingly taking the same route the Minotaur stormed after me when all of this started. It seemed like an almost lifetime ago.

I've visited here a few times. Most definitely not as much as I use to.

The sweet smelling strawberries and camp grounds was a pulsing reminder of everyone.

I walked to the big house pulling on the door. Chiron and Mr.D were playing a dangerous game of pinochle as always. Each counteracting move was mesmerizing in it's own way as each play fit in.

I remember being threatened by Mr.D multiple times in multiple occasions after I made remarks on his well played game.

I stood in the corner until the game was finished as I know Mr.D will deeply consider turning me into a dolphin.

I stepped out of the shadows. Chiron looked at me in happiness then slight anger, that's when the scowling talk began...
————————————————————

Author's note- I remember thinking at the beginning of writing this I wouldn't make a lot of author's notes, I may have even written it out. I have a poor memory, I can't frankly remember. Even now it seems I'm making more apologies than author notes.
How long has it been? 1-2 months? Oof dudes... Sorry! No excuses! I'm just lazy. I'm also writing a completely original story that may come out in one or two years. Yikes it's long!
Happy belated thanksgiving! Anyways, long time no see! In meantime I'll be dodging javelins and burritos because they are deadly projectiles right up there with cannon balls and grenades! Ha ha ha. I know. References are great.