Ch.1

Three minutes was all it took for the hellhound to gain a mile on me. Even though I ran till my lungs felt like fire, even though I ran till I felt my legs burned and my head felt like exploding from the constant billowing of my feet thundering the ground beneath me. It caught up to me.
Six years of running from different monsters who thought they could sentence me to the realm of Hades.
How could I go down now?
How could I even believe to be defeated by a simple (not so simple) hellhound?
The thing was I lost hope...
I tried to be "Percephone Jackson, hero of Olympus and demigods".
I put all of my faith into the olympians.
They failed all demigods including me.
They failed to protect us.
They failed to respect us.
Heck, they even failed to fight their own wars and defeat their own foes.
The gods thought they were the ones who made the difference when really it was their "Errand runners".

What if we just gave up?
What would happen if we turned into our godly parent and stopped giving a damn.
I guess we would be as bad as them.
Although right now I can't worry about that.
I'm being chased by a 120lb x6 hellhound.
Now, most hellhound are about four feet tall, this one's height was like the length of the lunch line on enchilada day.
Yeah it was SERIOUSLY huge!
I could tell it was sent after me by someone.
If it wasn't wouldn't it had lost my trail a mile ago?
I turned around to see it getting ready to pounce.
CRAP!!!
I rolled to the right just in the nick of time, so I wouldn't be squashed into Percy powder.
The monster stopped, looking confused, it was probably asking itself why it didn't just catch its dinner.

While it was searching for the "deluxe scent of Percy Jackson" I dove into a E-Z mart trying to be as incognito as possible.
Only a few people seemed to notice the beaten up and battered kid who was going towards the food section. On my way there I picked up a pocket knife hoping to have at least some kind of close combat protection.
I bent down to pick up a can of beans- my own dinner for the night- when someone tapped on my shoulder.
I immediately stiffened and slowly straightened back up.
At first I noticed it was a police officer.
Great! Another round of questioning to why the 'delinquent' Percy Jackson- who supposedly was a "proven innocent" terrorist- ran into a store, only to grab a pocket knife and one can of beans.
But instead of asking the usual round of questions he simply asked me if I needed a ride home.
I pondered the thought in my mind for a second or two. I mean what if he is a hidden monster? But also I do need a ride to a wooded park to sleep? All police officers can't be corrupt in Gotham, can they?
"Sure..." I said it more as a mere question than a statement.
The officer looked at me with the alluring blue eyes and said, "Okay them, but I didn't quite catch your name."
"Percy, Percy Jackson."
"Dick Grayson at your service here."

First chapter guys! Enjoy!
Word count- 562