Last mission, commence! (Part 2) || Sasuke

"You're kidding." I said, rubbing the sleep from my eyes and hoping for something— anything— that would tell me that this was just some sick prank. But the looks of unsettlement the three gods kept exchanging between each other said it all; that this was no joke.

"Sasuke please—" Mom's voice cracked, I opened my mouth to argue again but Hades interrupted with a cough as he rubbed his eyes tiredly in small circles.

Just a few hours ago and I was already feeling shitty and troubled. I was starting to feel numb, yet it came to bite my ass again.

"Please don't make this a mother and son argument. It's 3am. Can we please go back to sleep?"

Indeed it was 3am; woken up at exactly that hour by a panic struck ex-goddess of love who poured out all the information she received that night about my final mission. All the more reason why I can not accept this bullshit.

"I want answers right now, Mother. You promised— you swore, that this wouldn't happen because I finished it four years ago."

Persephone lurked, and I catch a glimpse of a pained frown gracing her lips. Mother sobbed and Hades shifted his weight, sleep probably the only thing on his half unconscious mind. Footsteps enter my personal bubble; nearly silent, but not quite. Persephone reached out and rubbed my shoulder. Oddly enough, throughout my tenseness, her touch was comforting and smooth. Enough for my anger to shrink; but only a tad bit.

"Fucking—" I cursed, not continuing, before walking away.

My brain buzzed. What the fuck. Drips of anger pooled in my stomach and my breathing quickened as my chest tightened and hands clenched tight into fists, nails digging deep into my palms. Why hadn't mother told me earlier? What did I do to deserve this?

Punching the wall, I seethed; anger boiled, composure frozen. Eyes clouded with liquid.

Why? I made sure this wouldn't happen again. It was better off that way, anyways so...

I stared out my window. Pitch blackness stared back. A broken lamp post flickered. On, off, on, off. It's 3am yet I saw a silhouette. Then out came a person with fiery hair. The flickers made it look like a scene from a horror movie; their locks resembling blood.

I closed my eyes. Just my imagination, I repeated to my brain. There's too much going on, so I wouldn't be surprised if I was losing my sanity. But what would I have to do next? Decline? But it was my last mission so—

"Sasu-cake?"

"Mother." I said out if instinct, even though I was telling myself to give off the cold shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I— I didn't know and.."

I made the mistake of looking back. The look she gave— it was a replica of when Father left; tired, guilty, sorrowful. Immediately I tensed again.

"You don't have to do the last mission, I totally understa—"

"I'll do it."

"What?"

"I'll do it." I repeated. "I'll do the last mission. It's the last one anyways so might as well as get it over with."

Yeah, get it over with. Like four years ago under crying skies. Because Mother was someone to pity; because this was the only way to help her.

I just hope that this time, it'll finally be mission accomplished.

Unedited— ??
Edited— Mar. 28