WorkWorkWork || Sakura

Time skip: Monday, 7:30am

"Man I just love mornings." I looked down at my empty cup and smiled bitterly like the americano splattered like paint on a canvas on my white blouse and black pencil skirt.

Everyone on the bus stopped to stare. The swine that had the audacity to flail themselves all over me and watch my drink spill everywhere scrambled out of the bus. There was no apology either. Seriously, this is the best morning ever.  (Hint, sarcasm.)

The bus halted to a stop, and through the clear windows, sunlight entered into the air conditioned vehicle. Everyone shifted uncomfortably as they waited for the new passengers to enter with their morning grogginess. You'd think Monday mornings would be brimming with rush (people late for work, grumpy teens unexcited for highschool/college/university, people still trying to ease into the weekdays), but today it felt almost like a slow start to a race.

Eventually, everyone turned away just as quickly as they looked. The ride rumbled on as though nothing happened. Its as though this was just some insignificant glitch in a video game; like this wasn't something worth anyone's worry.

I expressively took out a concerning amount of tissues to dab my clothes, but it wasn't like it was actually going to take away the brown stain. But at least it was something.

Grumbling, I felt my mood dampen with annoyance. How could people just pretend to not notice thing? How could they just act so standoffish? How could they..

"Are you alright, miss?"

So I was wrong.

There was someone.

And man did he look attractive, even with a black mask covering half of his face.

He was simply ethereal.

"Yeah." I replied quickly. I could hear how forced I sounded, and it was enough for me to internally cringe and externally grimace.

His dark orbs blinked with surprise. "Are you sure your uhhh.." he looked down at my chest before looking back up, blinking quickly again. "Didn't get burnt by your coffee?"

I felt my face heat up.

"Yes!  I mean, no. I mean—"

Calm the fuck down, Sakura

"Yes, I'm alright."

His entire appearance— the ones that weren't covered up— really reeked with mysteriousness. His eyes pierced through the morning mood, and I felt a gravitational pull towards him. Literally.

As in when the bus screeched to a halt, followed by a series of angry mumbling from passengers, a string of curses from the buss driver, and furious honking, everything was sent fling forward.

It all happened in a slow motion way. Totally harmless at first, but the panic starts to settle in for the last few seconds. It doesn't feel good.

Stumbling, I felt my body launch forward. Towards his crotch.

Fuckfuckfuck

"Uhm..."

An uncomfortable silence hung around for a while. His eyes widened in surprise and I see his hands twitch, wanting cover himself up in embarrassment; but I'm pretty confident that moving would just make things weirder. Or vise versa.

The ride continued.

"Sorry." I choked out. He scratched his head, the corner of his eyes tugging up. I wonder if he's much more beautiful without that stupid mask covering his face.

"It's— uh, it's alright." He replied. For another moment we stare at each other. Screw my blouse having coffee stains on it, I'd much rather keep staring into his eyes.

Mornings are wonderful.

Unedited— Dec. 27

(A/N: Finally fixed my acc lmao. I can finally try updating regularly now.)