•Chapter 28•

"Mom? Taehyung's on the phone." Taehyung's sister calls out into the large, silent house. She sighs as she holds the phone to her ear and waits to hear Kiji's footsteps. "She's coming now. What's this about?" His sister mumbles down the phone as he stuffs her hand in her pocket.

"My boyfriend nearly just got killed and dad and I are willing to bet she had something to do with it." Taehyung growls angrily down the phone.  His sisters eyes widen as she sees Kiji come down the stairs and gulps deeply.

"Like she tried killing dad?" She whispers quickly into the phone. Taehyung hums in agreement which makes her gasp softly. "I hope you're all safe now." She whispers again quickly.

"Don't worry, Taegi. We are okay- we will be anyway." Taehyung assures his sister softly before the phone is snatched from her hand by Kiji.

"What do you want?" She spits down the phone as she glares at Taegi who quickly sulks back out of view. She rushes out of the room and hides behind the door so she can is hear everything Kiji says.

"I'm guessing you bailed yourself out of jail." Taehyung grumbles down the phone, anger hinting at his voice. Kiji chuckles softly as a wicked smile crosses her face.

"No, actually. Your little buddy helped me. Let's just say- I made him believe his parents owed some big money to me. Of course, I didn't tell him you're my son because you're not." Kiji smiles proudly as she spits venom down the phone at Taehyung.

"Why did you hurt him like you hurt my dads?" Taehyung whispers down the phone, his voice breaking slightly as if he was crying. Kiji scoffs and shakes her head at Taehyung's crying.

"Because he broke my one rule. He told someone about it and I couldn't let him get away with that. Oh, and because he took my son away from me, just like that bastard Tao took Yito from me!" Kiji exclaims down the phone as she paces around. She stops moving when she hears a light sniffle come from the doorway and gasps when she sees Taegi running off crying.

"Dad is loads happier with him, just like I'm  loads happier with Jungkook. I want you to pay for what you've done. I want you to pay for Jungkook's hospital bill and give him back his money. If you don't, I'm going straight back to the police and I have evidence." Taehyung cries out down the phone, shocking Kiji as smile fades quickly.

"What evidence?" Kiji mumbles shakily as she glances towards the stairs were Taegi had just run off. Taehyung chuckles softly down the phone and then sighs.

"Dad recorded this phone call." Taehyung replies smugly. Kiji's eyes widen as she covers her mouth and gasps.

"Do as he says, or we send this off."  Yito grumbles down the phone. The line then disconnects and Kiji is left with nothing else but a beeping tone in her ear.

||

"Have the hospital called yet?" Taehyung mumbles as he pushes away his phone and lays back on the bed, closing his eyes. Yito shrugs and sighs as he wanders around the room to find a place to hide the recorder. Tao suddenly bursts in with his phone in his hand and a huge smile plastered on his face.

"He's woken up, little lion. You can go see him." Tao beams happily before thanking the nurse on the phone and ending the call. Taehyung sits up quickly as a smile forms on his face and his eyes water up.

"Can we go now?" Taehyung looks quickly between Yito and Tao who both nod. Taehyung jumps up and runs to Yito, hugging him tightly as his tears began to fall softly. "He's not dead. I didn't lose him." Taehyung sobs happily into Yito's shirt as he holds him tight.

"Come on, Tae. Go clean up and we can go." Yito pats his head softly as Tao calls for a cab. Taehyung nods and quickly rushes to the bathroom to splash water on his face before running back into the bedroom.

"Cab's on its way. Let's go wait outside." Tao smiles brightly as he links hands with Yito and watches as Taehyung speeds out of the room. Yito sighs softly and smiles as he glances over at Tao.

"I'm so glad Jungkook is okay. But what if this happens again? This is twice Kiji has tried this on someone Taehyung loves. What if he is next, Tao? He's not strong enough to survive something like that." Yito whispers as his smile slowly fades and he holds onto Tao tighter.

"Listen to me, babe. Taehyung is stronger then we know. We haven't been there for him to watch him grow so of course he seems precious and delicate because in your eyes, he's still your baby boy. I really don't think that witch will try anything else either, not now we have that blackmail. Okay?" Tao reassures Yito with a light smile before planting a light kiss on his cheek. Yito nods and gently strokes Tao's hand as they quicken their walking to catch up with Taehyung who was impatiently waiting in the elevator.