XXII

==Twenty-Two==

[Harry’s POV]

            I stood at the park’s gate, waiting for Niall and Zayn. I hated that we had to meet up. I wanted to be as far from them as possible, or either be right next to them, killing them. Ed was back in the center of the park with Liam. I was excited to show Niall that he failed to kill Liam. I’d rub it in his fucking face that he’s still weak as ever. That punk would never be able to beat me, or Ed, or Liam. So, the fact why we needed him on our team was beyond me. Surely, the scrawny Hybrids we picked up would be better than him. We didn’t need him.

            I kicked the ground, watching the stupid cloud of dust fly up. Why were they so late? I told them half past nine and it was twenty to ten. They were so stupid. If I could have it my way, I’d kill them both as soon as they got here. But my hands were tied, and I couldn’t.  I turned around, about to give up on them, but there was a shout coming from a short distance. I looked back through the gates and saw the two idiots walking over to the entrance.

            “Don’t know how to tell time, I see.” I snorted, turning away, leading them into the center of the park. Niall muttered something under his breath but I was feeling nicer than usual, so I ignored it. “I’ve got a surprise for you, punks.” I laughed to myself, blocking my smile so they couldn’t see.

            “Is it Liam?” Niall scoffed.

            “How’d you –”

            “Zayn saw you three talking.”

            “Well.” I muttered, ending the conversation then and there. I heard Zayn snicker and it took all my strength to not go and snap his neck. God, I wanted to, but couldn’t. We needed his sorry self too – not sure why. Soon we got into the main area of the park and Liam and Ed were in clear view. Liam was sitting, but stood when he saw us, and Ed was leaning against a tree that was off to the side. When Liam saw Niall, he had a smirk on his face. He went to open his mouth but I stopped him, “He already knew you alive.”

            “The fuck?” Liam seem kind of amazed, “What, are you physic now?”

            “No, you idiot,” I groaned, “His boy toy over heard us talking the other morning.”

            “And you didn’t sense him?” Ed called me out. Of course I didn’t sense him. I was too busy loving the fact that my best friend was back with me, but I wouldn’t admit that to any of them. They’d think I gone and went soft, and I was the leader, I couldn’t be soft. “Doesn’t matter. Do you know why you’re here?” Ed continued talking and before I could finish what he was saying, Zayn grew some balls and spoke for once.

            “I don’t really care for what you have to say, Ed.” I could tell this took Ed aback. Normally he’s the one people love, “Harry, you speak.” Zayn had grown a big pair, clearly. I couldn’t help but to laugh, and laugh loudly at that. Everyone turned to look at me and they were all confused.