The principal, initially gave a stare that seemed almost like forever... One of those his signature stares that could never be deduced.. Disapproval of contentment? No one knew..

He remembered rubbing his sweaty palms.. He did that whenever he was nervous.. It didn't take much convincing however, for the principal to yield.

Daniel looked around his room, he was already feeling nostalgic. It was an annual training, and he had already missed months... He would try to keep up with the pace. He walked over to his bedside table where he had a framed picture of him and Abigail.. They had taken it on her tenth year birthday. That was also the first time, that he realized that she was allergic to raspberries, blossom flowers and peanut butter.. It made her sneeze uncontrollably, and swell.. That particular incident, he had never forgotten and probably wouldn't forget. He got her blossoms, a perfect bouquet of them, Had someone bake her a raspberry flavored cake... Everything was supposed to be perfect.. He thought, until she sneezed and developed sore rashes all over her skin..

Daniel slowly dropped the picture... He suddenly wished he had Maya's picture or just a piece of her.. Anything would do..

He felt drowsy, and a pounding headache...

So much stress for one day..

He left the table, for his bed, and fell heavily on it..

***

*Maya's Pov*

I wake up to a rustling sound... My hair, that I was most certainly sure, that I packed yesterday was all loosen and all over my face. I let out a loose yawn and my brain takes at most a minute to register where I was, and what I was doing there...

I stretched and lazily pull my self out of the bed... It was Saturday. As I make for my slipper, my feet touches something sticky.. Leaning over, I realized it was a gum..

"Morning sleepy head"

"Tess"

"I'm off to Judo class and for some routine workout... My family, your responsibility for today.. " Tess said sticking out her finger, like she always does when dispensing instructions.

"So, are there any specifics.. Certain allergies.. Do's and Don'ts I should know..?"

"Just few... My siblings take their breakfast by 8.. It has to be by 8. Not a minute later or before.. Their usuals is for each, three stack of fluffy pancakes with syrup get a big scoop of oatmeal topped with brown sugar, raisins, nuts and blueberries.

My Nona, will usually take her green tea... After which, you would have to give her her medication.. By exactly 9.

When my siblings are done eating, you should let them play for some minutes.. Some indoor running around. Then, you let them play with the game console and by 12, they eat their brunch get some sleep and eat again by 2... Then, they do some outdoor running around. I should be back by then.

No wonder they are stuffed up.
"Great... So about the Nona part.. How do I communicate with her since she doesn't understand English"

"That's easy. You will cook a meal with her.. The home made tortillas and all you just have to do, is listen to how she pronounces everything.. That's the first step."

"Do you guys just eat Tortillas everyday.."

"No silly.. But Nona's tortillas are the best, and she would like to make some for you as a parting gift."

I look at Tess.. The radiant glow each time she smiles could warm an iceberg. She wore a track suit and stuffed in her Judo uniform, into her bag. Her hair had been packed up with her three colour headband... She looked ready..

"Bye Maya.. I'm off"

"See you later" I say. Just when it seemed like she had taken a few steps out of her house, I hear a glass shatter..

Oh dear..

"Hey.. You two..." I say, not scolding just calling.

"Didn't get to know your names.. I'm Maya you are?"

"I'm Josh and he is Jerry.. "
One said..

"No! I'm Josh and you are Jerry" The other contradicted.

"You don't know your name."

"You are the one who doesn't know his name."

"Fine... Rock, paper, scissors.. The winner, gets to be Josh. The other Jerry.. "

"Deal!!"

"Rock, Pa.. "

"It's OK.. Whoever is Josh and the other Jerry nice to meet you.. " I say..dissolving the argument.

"Neither is Josh or Jerry... Trust me.. He is Rico and this other, is Tito.. I'm Adrian."

I turn sharply to hear the person who spoke. It must be the other brother, Tess said she had.. Although I didn't seen him yesterday..

"Maya... Ven." (Maya... Come)

"Morning Nona"

"No hay tiempo para saluder... Dajen esos dos que numca dorán nada razonable" (No time for greeting... Leave those two they will never say anything reasonable.)

I just nodded.. Not knowing what else to do, I tapped my fingers on the counter creating a beat that I hummed to..

"Ven a ayu darme con los platos" (Come help me with the dishes)

I nod again.. I register that perhaps, she was offering some advice and keep up with my beats... Few minutes later, I felt a sharp pain in my head. Nona used her rolling pin, to get my attention hitting it hard on my head that I was sure I saw stars form. I rubbed it slowly and moved closer to where she stood.

"A que esperas... Lavar!" (What are you waiting for.. Wash!)

It was only when she pointed to the sink full with dirty dishes, that I realized she wanted me to wash them.

Remind me never to go for a sleepover at Tess's again..

Author's note: Hi everyone, I'm sorry this one was kinda late. I ran out of ideas... Please, if you have been following and you like what you see so far, please I'll really appreciate suggestions...

Please do not mind the errors, if you can, you can correct any you see.. We are all learning after all..

Next, I'll like to apologize... Some people complained about the numerous pictures in different chapters, when I begin this, I was naive and didn't think all the pictures could fit into one chapter... I apologize but the aim of putting them shouldn't be defeated. It's solely to have a mental picture, of your characters in motion... We all can't have the same ideas towards something.. So, I wanted you all to see the characters, from the author's perspective..

Please keep reading, voting and commenting... Thank you 💕🌸

12:15am

#Cheeahmahkah..